Monday, January 14, 2013

Prayer Request--Yes, Another One!

January 14, 2013

Okay, folks--it's a beautiful, cold Monday morning. I have got an appointment to see a dentist on Wednesday mornin', my house is so clean right now it's kinda scary, and I am caught up on my letter writin'--will be mailin' them as soon as I finish here.

And yet, my heart is troubled, due to the dilemma my friend still faces over the safety of her sons.

Last night, I spoke with her and learned that the son who went to his father's over the weekend came back safe, but so stressed from the situation he had made himself ill as a result. He is staying home today, and hopefully he will recover soon.

I also learned that the sentencing phase of the trial is tomorrow morning, about 10 a.m. central time. The mother has less than 24 hours to make arrangements for the possibility of being jailed for about a month. She is trusting God to handle anything she may not think of.

So I'm doing the only thing I can to help her. I am once again asking for prayer from people to cover this family. I have no idea what God has planned, but I know that whatever it is, it is for the benefit of all concerned.

I understand that even if I get thousands of folks to pray--God may not deliver my friend from this situation--she may have to spend time in jail for simply trying to protect her children. The kingdom of heaven is not a democracy--God does not change His mind simply because He is 'out voted' by people praying. He is after all, the Creator of all things, the Alpha and the Omega, HE IS.

I know many folks would be asking "Why me?" right about now. I know I probably would be, but I'm kinda slow spiritually. My friend is not asking this. Instead, she is still praising God for His mercy and grace. She is thankfull for the task of being a good mother and protector of her children, even though it is bringing hardship upon her.

Many Christians' talk about how God just lifts us out of trouble--we never have problems as Christians--yadda yadda.

Seriously--WHAT BIBLE ARE YOU READING?

Ever hear of Job, Joseph, Daniel, and let's not forget that trio of brothers, Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego.

Daniel 3:16-18 has the brothers telling the king of Babylon that God can easily save them from the firey furnace, and yet they state that EVEN IF HE DOESN'T--they still will not bow down to false gods.

Job was a righteous man who loved God with all his heart, and yet he suffered loss of great magnitude, and then developed illness on top of it. And he never once curse God for his troubles.

Daniel was aware of an unjust law preventing his from praying to God. Even though he faced death for his actions, he still prayed to God as was right.

Joseph was sold into slavery by his own brothers, thrown into prison for a false charge of rape, and then forgotten for over a decade. And yet, when he was put into a position of power and faced with his treacherous brothers again--he forgave them. Not because HE was such a great guy, but because he realized that all that 'stuff' had to happen so Joseph could help to save his family--including the ones who had sold him into slavery!

Yeah, God can deliver you from trouble--but He may have a better plan that involves you going THROUGH that trouble.

1 Thessalonians 5:18 says:

"Give thanks in everything, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."

Ephesians 5:20:

"And give thanks for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ."

Remember, God said that He will always be with us, that He will never forsake us. (Deuteronomy 31:6).

Please, as you go about your day--remember thius family in your prayers, and be praying for them tomorrow morning too.

I will let you all know what the outcome is. Thank you all for your prayers and time.

Well, I still got chores. Later ya'll.
© 2013 by Evelyn Edgett

 

1 comment:

  1. I'll be praying for the court's mercy. Thank you for keeping us updated.

    ReplyDelete