Thursday, January 3, 2013

New Year--What's Ahead?

January 3, 2013

Goodness--another new year has begun. What new adventures, new opportunities, new friends, shall we find awaitin' us?

On the other hand--

What obstacles, tests and tragedies are ahead, and how shall we meet them? With fear and tremblin'--or with faith and courage?

I vote for the second option.

Isaiah 41:10 says,

"Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness."

Deuteronomy 31:6 says,

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."

Just search the scricptures and you will find verse after verse tellin' you not to fear, and that God is our strength, our refuge, our defender.

So when 'stuff' comes your way this year--look to the One Who is in charge.

Well, I got chores. Later ya'll.
© 2013 by Evelyn Edgett 


No comments:

Post a Comment