Friday, January 11, 2013

Broken Tooth--Prayer For One Of The Boys

January 12, 2013

I broke a tooth last night--one of my molars. I bit down on a hard piece of candy, and I felt the back of the tooth give way. Fortunately, I'm not in pain, and I bought some Den-Temp to cover the break until I can get to a dentist to get the problem fixed. I do ask for prayer that I will continue to be okay till I can find a dentist.

Okay--back to the subject of my friend and her sons. This evening I was informed that the youngest boy (13 years), had to go with the father for this weekend. He was picked up by his dad and, according to the person at the school who witnessed the pickup--the father was acting very mean to the boy. The mom told this to the family violence advocate, and the advocate replied, "Of course he's being mean--he has won this battle, and now he has a liscense to terrorize."

The boy will be with hs father until Sunday evening. I ask for your prayers to protect this young man. He has been in counseling, and knows that none of this is his fault, however I just want him covered in prayer as he endures this time with his father. Also, I ask for prayer for the mother as she waits for her son to come home and be safe.

Thank all of you for your prayers.
© 2013 by Evelyn Edgett

1 comment:

  1. Dear Evelyn,

    I'll be praying for your tooth to hold out; I know how unnerving (literally) broken teeth can be!

    I'll also be praying for your friend and her family; it sounds like they need lots of grace still.

    Love,

    Marqueta

    p.s. I agree about egg rolls; yum!

    ReplyDelete