Friday, December 14, 2012

Y-A-W-N--Decoden Craft--And Settin' Goals

December 15, 2012

Goodness--I have been here for over FIVE HOURS tonight! Our local wifi hot spot is open 24 hours a day, and I came up as soon as my son went to his father's for the weekend. With the Redneck workin' outta town till next weekend, I decided to just come and play on the internet as long as I wanted.  I've done a lot of research, downloaded several e-books to read later, and got a good start on watchin' the newer version of VAMPIRE HUNTER D ( I love to watch japanimation).

I also learned about a craft called DECODEN. It's a craft that I think came from Japan. You use silicon from a tube to make a base to put small items (toys, buttons, charms, etc), ad it looks really cool. I think I'm gonn try it this week, and my idea is to create a purse out of a wooden cigar box and western themed charms, conchos--stuff like that. I think I'll make the handle from a length of chain from the hardware store, and the fastener will be a western style belt I have that no one wears. You know--use the buckle and belt to fasten it.

You can find a lot about this craft on YOUTUBE.COM.

Honestly--I SHOULD be goin' home soon, 'cause even if I stay up all night--my critters are STILL gonna expect to be fed in the mornin' er--LATER this mornin', and I still have to bake and get other goodies made for the church Christmas party at 7 p.m.

But honestly--I'm havin' a lot of fun, and who KNOWS when I'll get another chance to just PLAY, with no one at home needin' me.

Talked to the Redneck last night--he is likin' the new job okay--but he hates bein' away from us here at home. We miss him too, but this ain't our first rodeo with bein' apart due to work, so we know that we just need to hang in there for a time, and we will be back together soon.

Our preacher at cowboy church has been teachin' a lot about the church as a whole workin' towards a goal of growin' in Jesus this comin' year. I find it funny that our family has been thinkin' along the same lines. We are talkin' about findin' a good Bible study for couples, and the church is beginnin' a youth study program that Obie will be able to attend.

As this year draws to a close--may I suggest that we all take a look at how this year has developed, nd where we are compared to last year? I don't mean to make RESOLUTIONS--those are dumb. Instead, get into the Word of God and find out what GOALS you can work towards accomplishin' in 2013. If you set  resolution nd you don't start doin' it right off the bat--you feel like a failure. However, if you make a goal and work towards it--even if you don't reach it by this time next year--you are still movin' forward in the right direction!

Well, I got chores. Later ya'll.
© 2012 by Evelyn Edgett

No comments:

Post a Comment