Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Redneck Go Bye Bye For A Time, And Wild Weekend Ahead!

December 11, 2012

My beautiful Redneck left around 7 a.m. this mornin' to drive to his new job. He will be gone about 11 days, then home for the Christmas holidays, and then back down after the New Year. If all gowes well, he will be comin' back up here to work durin' the day around the end of January.

Yes, I do miss him already, but this is something we decided as a family was the best thing for him to do at this time. And besides, it will give me a chance to catch up on several projects that I've had to pass up while he was home durin' the day.

This Friday night, my son goes to his dad's for the weekend, which means I will have a whole weekend to myself. I gotta tell ya, folks, I have a WILD WEEKEND planned...

...First--as soon as Obie leaves, I'm headin' to the local 24 hour wifi hotspot, and I intend to play on the computer till I just can't STAND it anymore. I may not get home until the mornin' light. Mom-in-law once asked me, "What do you DO there for FIVE HOURS?"

I enjoy myself immensely. Between doin' all my research, emailin', YOUTUBIN', and just watchin' all the people who come and go--I have a BALL.

Next, I have a Church Christmas party, and we all know how crazy those can get, especially with a white elephant exchange.

Sunday I have church and the children's Christmas play. In between all that excitement--I have big plans to clean out the fridge, soak in a hot bath with a good book, and naps--LOTS of naps.

Whooo HOOO!!!!!!! I am a wild woman when I'm on my own!

I think the best thing about this job change, ironically, is the fact that we are no longer on a second shift--which we had been WANTIN' to be on. We had not realized just how much our lives as a family had changed over the years, and that havin' a day-oriented schedule was much better for us all. I honestly never thought I would MISS gettin' up at 3:45 in the mornin', but I did. Now I have time to have Bible readin', prayer and devotionals before gettin' my son up and tacklin' the day.

It makes a DIFFERENCE, folks, if ya begin your day with God, BELIEVE ME.

Well, I got chores. Later ya'll.
© 2012 by Evelyn Edgett

 

No comments:

Post a Comment