Friday, November 30, 2012

Just A Thought...

November 39, 2012

I was flippin' through a magazine the other day, and I came across an article titled, "HOW TO CHOOSE THE PERFECT HOLIDAY DRESS"

And I laughed my head off.

First, most of ya'll know that I seldom wear ANY type of dresses--they really just don't fit in with my way of life. I do on occasion wear one if I just FEEL like it.

Second--I don't need some 'expert' tellin' me what to wear for a night out with my Redneck. If HE is happy with how I look--I'm good.

Third--I already HAVE the perfect holiday dress. It is a knee length black dress, with diamond lookin' gems around the waist. Got it brand spankin' new--never been worn, about 3 years ago...

FOR A DOLLAR.

Yup-I consider it one of my very best buys ever. It looks great, and the Redneck LOVES the way it looks on me.

And yet...

...I have NEVER worn it anywhere besides tryin' it on.

Why?

Because every time I have made plans to wear it out for a big night--

Somethin' goes wrong.

The first time, I had planned to wear it out to dinner on Christmas eve after we had dropped my son off at his dad's. I had the make up, the dress, stockin's, HIGH HEEL SHOES...the works.

Then, on the way back from droppin' Obie off, a blizzard hit.

A BLIZZARD.

We had reservations at a local hotel, so we hunkered down for the night, and the only way we could go out to eat was to carefully walk across a dangerously icy parkin' lot and around the corner to a DENNYS.

Now--I like to eat at DENNYS, and perhaps me dressin' to the nines would have been a nice treat for the folks who were eatin' there--after all, it would have still been a nice night out for us. However...

...me walkin' on those high heels across that parkin' lot would have almost guaranteed a trip to the ER with a broken ankle.

I forget what prevented me from wearin' it last year on New Year's Eve--but I do recall it was another bizarre event that occured.

Now, it is December again, and I am hopin' to wear that dress THIS year. However, with the search for a new place to live, all the holiday events we have to go to for church and family, plus the insane work schedule that the Redneck currently has--I ain't holdin' my breath.

Perhaps that magazine should write an article about HOW TO GET TO WEAR YOUR HOLIDAY DRESS...

Well, I got chores. Later ya'll.
© 2012 by Evelyn Edgett 




No comments:

Post a Comment