Tuesday, October 30, 2012

SUPER SIZE ME--NOT!!!!!!!!! DVD Review

October 30, 2012

I watched SUPER SIZE ME last night, and I was so freaked out that I had to pause the dvd, tell my son to put on his tennies, clip a leash onto one of the dogs, and go for a two mile walk. After we got back home I watched the rest of the film, and once again confirmed that I was right in not eatin' out so often. Not just from a sense of thrift, but a sense of survival.

SUPER SIZE ME is a documentary by a man named Morgan Spurlock. He was curious about how a diet of just McDonald's foods for 30 days would affect him.

The results were, to say the least, disturbin'.

It is a well made documentary, which not only takes a harsh eye at Mickey D--it looks into other aspects of the food industry as well, along with a really spooky look at what many public schools are doin' for your kid's lunches. The greatest shock was what one school for 'difficult' kids was doin'--and you will be amazed at the results they are gettin'.

The dvd has some extra scenes and interviews--check out THE SMOKING FRY.

I applaud Morgan Spurlock on his bravery, if not his brains, in doin' this little experiment.

Our family hardly ever eats out at McDonalds as it is--I don't like many of their business practices I read about years ago. But I also realize that there are times that I may not be able to avoid them--it's like how I try to avoid shoppin' at Wal-Mart--sometimes there are no alternatives. But I work very hard to make sure I HAVE alternatives.

Seriously--take a look at this film. Mr. Spurlock has several other works out, and I will be checkin' to see what else he has to say.

Well, I got chores. Later ya'll.
© 2012 by Evelyn Edgett





 

No comments:

Post a Comment