Friday, October 26, 2012

Gettin' Resettled--Hay Ride Prep--And A Spooky Noise...

October 26, 2012

Still gettin' stuff put away after our mission trip--thakn goodness I cleaned the house before we left--I dunno HOW I would have dealt with a cluttered house AND all the stuff that has to be put away since we got home. Basically, it's just washin' any pots that were used, and doin' a lot of laundry, then I have to repack everything for next year. I have set a new goal--200 Bibles to 200 bikers. I'm not just interested in numbers, either--I wanna actually TALK with these folks, and let them know that God is a lot more than an old dude in a white robe waaaay up in the sky, by and bye, ya dig?

We have a chili cookoff and a hay ride tomorrow night at our church, and I'm lookin' forward to that. I'm plannin' a chocolate cake and some red chile pork stew for my contribution.

Okay--I just scared myself half to death.

I'm sittin' here typin' at mom-in-law's computer, and I suddenly hear a strange noise, but can't tell what it is or where it's comin' from. It's sort of a click and hiss, and it's kinda creepy. At first, I ignore it, thinkin' I'm just hearin' things.

Then I hear it again, and it's over my head...

Now I'm a tad weirded out. What IS that thing?

I slowly look up at the top of the desk I'm sittin' at, and I see...

An automatic AIR FRESHENER.

That's when I catch the scent it's spewin' out.

Yeesh.

Why are you laughin'? (GRIN)

Well, I got chores. Later ya'll.
© 2012 by Evelyn Edgett

1 comment:

  1. Dear Evelyn,

    I bet your meal contributions are well looked-forward to (does that make sense?)! That's funny about the auto air freshener; I didn't know such things existed!

    200 bibles to 200 bikers sounds great to me. Dream big and big things happen!

    Love,

    Marqueta

    ReplyDelete