Saturday, September 22, 2012

The First 5 Copies Are Printed!


September 22, 2012

I just had 5 copies of my book printed and bound at a local copy shop. The girl who helped me get it done was very sweet and cheerful. I think I'll write a letter of thanks to her boss, complimentin' her.

Okay, I know you're thinkin', why is she all wigged out over just 5 copies of the book? Why didn't she have more than that made? What's the big deal over so few books?

George Washington Carver once said;

"Do the best you can with what you have--RIGHT NOW."

So, what I had--RIGHT NOW, was a certain amount of money to get a certain number of books printed and bound. When I take them to church tomorrow, I will sell them at the potluck afterward, and if folks can see a real, printed book, they will be more willin' to pre-pay for a copy of their own. I will have a sheet there for them to order and pre-pay for a copy. The money made will then be used to print off not only their copies, but also extra ones, for more sales later. I'll just keep sowin' that money back into the books until I have raised enough to move to the next phase of publishin'.

Hopefully, by then, I will have either found a publisher who can make my book to industry standards, or I can just work out a better format with my current printer. Either way, my work will get out there to be read, and perhaps touch some hearts for Jesus.

The funny thing was, while I was tryin' to find a way to get my work printed, I kinda sorta maybe just a LITTLE bit got mad at God for how long it was takin' to get some things done.

I was fumin' at how I was havin' to wait for MY needs to be met, and how frustrated I was gettin', and I popped off,

"Lord--I got JUST ONE NERVE LEFT and You are workin on it!"

Without hesitation, I heard a quiet, "Oh good, when it's gone, then I can start to work on YOU."

OUCH.....

That hit home...HARD.

So I decided I would just sit there and lookk pretty, and let God work out the details, instead of me tryin' to make it all happen myself.

As a result--things worked out even BETTER than I could have imagined.

Of course--they always do when I get out of the way....

Well, I got chores. Later, ya'll.
© 2012 by Evelyn Edgett





2 comments:

  1. I definitely want one of your books. So, do you think you will be able to bring any for Fall Festival? (Char)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup--workin' on gettin' more printed--sold three within' 20 minutes of gettin' to church Sunday!

    ReplyDelete