Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Still Awaitin News--Update On Horse Trailer Theft

September 12, 2012

I haveven't heard much about the hearing that my friend had to go to today, other than it went well, and apparently the judge told the ex husband's lawyer to "stop, stop, just stop--I am WARNING you now!" Other than that, I hafta wait to find out what was decided.

Until then I wanted to update you on another post from several weeks back.

I wrote that our horse trailer was stolen one night before Brian got home from work. It was mysteriously returned, with a new tire, the next day, and we had no idea what had really happened...

Until now.

We still don't know WHO did it, but we have learned through the local 'grapevine', why the trailer was taken in the first place.

It seems that a man was, well, let's just say he shouldn't have been operatin' any tupe of vehicle in his condition that night.

He was ridin' a motorcycle down our road and for some reason thought that where our trailer was parked was a road, and so he turned onto it. He realised his mistake, but not soon enough to prevent his spillin' his bike onto the ground.

Thank God he wasn't injured or worse. However, he was MAD. He felt that his wipin' out was the fault of whoever owned the trailer--not his bein' drunk. So in the logic of a drunkard, he...

got back on his motorcycle--drunk.

drove back home--drunk.

got his truck--drunk.

drove back to our house--drunk.

hooked up our trailer--drunk.

drove it to his house--drunk.

When he awoke the next mornin'--he was sober enough to realize what he had done. After seein' the blown out tire--he apparently freaked out, thinkin' HE had caused the damage. So he got a new tire on the trailer, brought it back and parked it.

Ya gotta admit--it is funny.

We are tryin' to get the word back down the grapevine that we weren't angry about the trailer, and that we forgive the man who took it.

Well, I got chores. Later ya'll.
© 2012 by Evelyn Edgett


3 comments:

  1. Dear Evelyn,

    Well now, if someone's going to steal a trailer, that's the best way to have it turned out! That's hilarious, really. :)

    Yay for nice judges; may the Lord bless your friend's family.

    Love,

    Marqueta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Evelyn, I made your blog a "Web Site of the Week" feature in my church's newsletter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, John! I have tried to send you a message, but I can't get it to work, and as a result--I have ended up joinin' my own blog twice!

      Delete