Friday, September 28, 2012

One Of Those Days...

September 28, 2012

It's been one of those days...

The Redneck has been workin' 12 hour days lately, so he gets in around 3 a.m. I've been tryin' to go to bed early to be rested up when he gets home, but last night I just couldn't REST. So when my alarm went off at 2:30, I woke up, freshened up, and began to read until he came in.

I was sound asleep when he came in.

Plus I had a hard time listenin' to him when I woke up. We turned out the light and I crashed again.

So today I have been runnin' on little sleep, and we had a boatload of errands to do--includin' gettin' more copies of my book printed out.

Add in haulin' 50 pound bags of feed and tossin' hay bales, it's the day I clean mom-in-law's house, plus I have to clean my own home--along with havin' my son decide that today would be a GREAT day to pitch a hissy fit due to his not gettin' his way--and I sincerely began to dream of life in a cardboard box on a quiet street in a big city--AAALLLLL ALONE.

But guess what?

God is still good, and I have a great life, even with all the speed bumps I tend to hit from time to time.

So to put this day back into perspective...

I'm about done with mom-in-law's house--waitin' on the sheets to dry so I can remake the beds. I'm gonna go home and clean my place, which thankfully only needs dustin', sweepin' and moppin'. My son has calmed down--especially after bein' grounded for a week (he knew he had pushed the limit when that happened). All my animals have food stocked for the week, I pick up the copies of my book tomorrow, supper is gonna be simple, and I have a date with a hot bath and a good book. Then I'm enjoyin' a cup of herbal tea and I'm hittin' the sheets early. After spendin' time with my Father in His Word and in prayer--it's "night momma".

See? It all balanced out.

Well, I got chores. Later ya'll.
© 2012 by Evelyn Edgett



No comments:

Post a Comment