Sunday, September 16, 2012

God Is Good--I Hack Off A Hare Krishna

September 16, 2012

Well, I have to say that God has been so good to my friend the past few weeks, not just because He is good, but due also to ya'll's prayers.

Turns out--THERE NEVER WAS A WARRANT. We have confirmation that not only the police officer in the case but also the prosecutor LIED in an attempt to intimidate my friend into giving her sons up and surrendering to jail.

Well, lemme tell ya'll--the CITY prosecutor--the BOSS of the guy who lied--AIN'T HAPPY. Since my friend has spent about the last 3 weeks livin' on edge and bein' concerned that hher sons would be in danger. The ones who lied have put the city in the position of possibly facin' one heck of a lawsuit.

Yes there are still al lot of obstacles to face in this situation, and your prayers are still coveted. For now, however--she has a bit of breathin' space.

Okay--on to my adventure with the Hare Krishnas....

I was at an event yesterday, and as I walked up and down the aisles, lookin' at the good for sale from different craft vendors, I chanced upon a booth for the Krishnas,

A tall thin young Indian man approached me and tried to tell me about the benefits of meditation. I replied that I already meditated, did yoga, etc.

He proceeded to try and sell me books about his religion, showin' me all kinds of pictures of Vishnu and other gods.

I told him that I was a Christian, and was not interested.

He began to tell me that it didn't matter what my faith was, that these books would make me a better person--a better CHRISTIAN, if I read them with an open mind.

I quietly replied that I already had a book that did that.

"What book is it?" he asked.

"The Bible."

Oh yeah--I was REAL popular.

Well, I got chores. Later ya'll.
© 2012 by Evelyn Edgett


No comments:

Post a Comment