Saturday, August 25, 2012

Prayer Request Update

August 25, 2012

I just spoke with my freind, and first I want to say that she says thank you for any and all prayers that have been offered on her and her sons behalf during thuis crisis.

As it stands, she and the boys will arrive at their home airport around midnight tongiht, and the police have advised her attornely to have her 'lay low' until Monday morning, when she will be allowed to go to the station and turn herself in. The arrest warrant is ready and waiting, according tot he police. If she has the bail money, she can be processed and released the same day. If not, she will be retained untilt he trial. And in the meantime, if she stays in jail--the boys will be with their abuser.

I am asking for continued prayer in this situation. There are several weird things happening here, one of which is that the police are refusing to take any calls from the family doctor who has stated that the children should NOT be in their father's company, since he is not only sexually abusive, but also physically and emotionally abusive. I think they are afraid that if they actually HEAR what he has to say and they still allow these boys to go with the father--they will be held responsible if something happens to them.

There are others in the domestic abuse protection system who are trying to get the message to the police in this town that the mother is right in her actions to protect her sons.

I have known this woman and her family for about 30 years. She is a Godly woman, and her heart is for her children. She will face this 'lion's den' with dignity and grace. She has not whined or blamed anyone for her troubles throughout this whole ordeal. In fact, when I broke down and wept earlier because I was so frustrated that I couldn't do anything to fix this for her--SHE ministered to ME. She used scripture to encourage me and build me up--and SHE is the one going through this!

I know that God has a plan in this--and I know that He only wants the best for this family. I also know that His ways and thoughts are higher than mine, and that He sees the big picture, where I only see my freind's crisis.

Thank you for your time, and for your prayers.
© 2012 by Evelyn Edgett



1 comment:

  1. Dear Evelyn,

    Oh dear! I just read about your friend and her struggles, and I'll be praying. May the Lord's grace be upon that family, now and always, and may this affliction be consecrated for good.

    Love,

    Marqueta

    ReplyDelete