Thursday, August 23, 2012

Another Prayer Request


August 23, 2012

I have been really busy lately, hence the lack of posting. I have a lot of things to catch up on, especially in the realm of blessings that God has given, but for today, I want to focus on a much more important matter.

A few weeks back, I posted about a family in which the children had been molested by their father, and that he was trying to get them for unsupervised visits. I requested prayer for them, especially the two boys under 18 who are still in the home.

About two weeks ago, the mother defied a court order to hand over the boys, and instead took them out of state on a vacation to visit family. When she was contacted by the police by phone, she explained why she was not obeying the court order, and she had her attorney send them the documents that backed her statements.

She has been informed that when she and the boys arrive back home on August 25th, this Saturday, she will be arrested and the boys will probably go to their abuser.

This mother has done everything she can to protect her sons, and now she is facing criminal charges. She disobeyed the court order on the advisement of both her attorney and the family’s doctor, who has stated that these boys will be in severe danger, both physically and emotionally if they are with their father.

I feel helpless about this situation at times, until I recall that I serve a living, powerful, omnipotent GOD Who is well able to intervene in this time of crisis for this family.

That is why I am sending out yet another call for prayer for this family. I am rallying the troops for spiritual warfare on behalf of two innocent boys.

The mother is willing to go to jail for her son’s sakes, so for her I request prayer that she will handle this with dignity and grace, and that she will be protected while she is in jail.

For the boys, I ask that you pray for their protection from this evil. The older boy has the option of saying he wants no contact with his father, but the younger boy hasn’t yet reached the age of decision. The older boy has to decide if he will stay away or go with his younger brother to try and protect him. NO CHILD needs to be placed in that type of internal battle.

I pray for wisdom from the officers, the judges and attorneys. I pray that the criminal investigation into the abuse will go forward and that the boys will be kept from further harm.

I pray for the father, that he will be convicted of this evil, and that he will repent and turn to God for forgiveness.

I pray that the entire family will be healed from this tragedy, and that they will carry no scars from it.

Above all, I pray that God will be glorified by whatever the outcome will be.

Please pass this request on to your church, prayer group, anyone who may be willing to lift up petitions to heaven for this family.

Thank you all for your time.
© 2012 by Evelyn Edgett

No comments:

Post a Comment