Thursday, August 9, 2012

Another Book Delay--God Is Workin' On Me--I Make A Public COmmitment

August 9, 2012

Once again, there is a delay with the book....{{{{GROAN}}}}

It's really not that big a thing--my laptop just started goin' wonky, so it had to go into the shop for a tuneup, and I'll pick it back up on Saturday.

I am amazed at how God is really workin' me over lately. Patience is a big item that He has been whackin' me over the head with. You can SAY you are patient all ya want, folks, but real patience is not simply waitin'. EVERYBODY waits at some point--it's a fact of life. PATIENCE involves havin' a good attitude WHILE you wait. In other words, you don't fuss, whine or fume while you are waitin' in line at a fast food joint, or on hold with an operator. You simply wait, and breathe and just, well, wait.

And pride--oh BOY, is He dealin' with my pride.

Like, right now, we had been waitin' to get the damage to our truck fixed from that cow jumpin' out in front of the redneck late one night (and no--we still have no idea where the cow went after he hit it!. Finally, we got the truck into the shop for repair, and the company gave us a nice rental truck to use until ours is done. I mean--it's a REALLY NICE TRUCK. Black, fully loaded, ALL the bells and whistles, and insurance is payin' for it for the two weeks we are supposed to have it.

The BAD news is....

Only Brian can drive it. Yup, it's a one driver policy thingy with the rental company. Sooo....if I need to go anywhere for the next two weeks that doesn't require simple walkin'--I either have to get him to take me, borrow a car from the inlaws, or arrange to have a friend come and get me.

This shouldn't be a big deal, but for me---

it really is.

I am so independent that the very fact that I can't drive the thing makes me think of places I NEED to go, even though up until I found I couldn't drive it--I could have cared LESS about goin' to those places.

Yeah--I think it's a pride thing. Okay, yeah--it's my pride.

I have always been that way, with an "I don't need anyone else to help me out" kinda mindset. When Brian finally got up to the mountains with us after two years, I had an older man say that I must really be glad to have a man supportin' me again.

You have no idea how hard it was for me not to go ballistic on the dude.

I quietly explained that I had NEVER needed a man to support me, and I never would.

Well, it's true--I don't need a man to support me. However, I am findin' that God allows me to be humbled in ways like with this truck, so that I will lay aside my pride and ALLOW my husband to support and lead me.

Oh, you have no idea how much typin' that hurt.

So, I have been prayin' about this submission thing, and I have come to a decision that I will submit to my husband's authority, not as an experiment, but as a lifestyle.

Oh--now typin' that REALLY HURT.

So there, I have said it--I have made a commitment out loud, to the bloggin' community that I will live a submissive, surrendered life.

Aw heck--I'm chokin' here.

I will ask that ya'll pray for me, because you KNOW I am gonna be fightin' this like a drunk pig on a leash in a dark alley (yes, I'm speakin' from experience--don't ask).

Well, I got chores. Later Ya'll.
© 2012 by Evelyn Edgett

1 comment:

  1. Dear Evelyn,

    Ah, that wonderful issue of submission; that hits us right in the feminist solar plexus, doesn't it? The Lord has ways of helping us to discover our weaknesses, for sure! I do hope that the computer is fixed soon, too.

    Love,

    Marqueta

    ReplyDelete