Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Reluctant Cat Sitter--Health Book On Hold, But Another One Is Shapin' Up

May 18, 2012

Sunday on the way to church, we turned onto the highway, and saw a small flock of crows pickin' at a recent victim of traffic. I looked closer and saw somethin' else scurryin' around in a panicky way.

"Baby", I asked the Redneck. "Is that a RAT runnin' from those crows?"

"I think it's a small rabbit." he said.

"No--it's a KITTEN!," his mom said.

We stopped and rescued the poor little thing from the crows who were attackin' it. Fortunately, Mom inlaw always has a carrier for her little pomeranian in the back of her vehicle, so we were able to leave the little girl safely in the shade of a tree with a breeze while we attended services.

She is just weaned, a little grey tabby we are callin' Bunny right now. She will NOT be stayin' at our house, 'cuz right now, with everything I have on my plate--I DON'T need another animal.

Happily--I called a friend who has cats, and she said that she would be glad to take Bunny this weekend. I know that the little 'thrill seeker' will get the care she needs, includin' a trip to the vet for shots and other services. With all the field mice in the area, plus the food that gets put out daily, she will grow up to be a very spoiled and well cared for kitty.

For a few more days, I am 'sittin' a kitten' while I wait to take her to her new home. In the meantime, she is doin' well--she is set up with a potty box, food, water and a 'blankie' in a large kennel in the house. She even has the radio on to keep her company while I'm in town on business. She gets to come out and play when I am home.

I have put the health book on hold for a time--I was goin' NUTS over it. Just had to take a break from the seriousness of the subject.

However--I have been playin' with puttin' together a book of poetry and essays, and I have found an artist who is wantin' to draw illustrations for the poems. PLUS--I have found a local publisher who I will be gettin' together with to have my books printed up!

As far as the health book is concerned--I have been told, and I think I agree with this--I need to NOT write in a conventional manner about the issues of health--but instead, I have been told to write just like I do for the blog, because that is what folks like about my writin'. I kind of agree, since, let's face it--there are so many SERIOUS books out there on how to be healthy with alternative medicine and such--I figure why not take the information I have to offer and make it FUN and easy to apply?

I'm prayin' on it, and I'll let ya'll know how it goes.

Well, I got chores. Later ya'll.
© 2012 by Evelyn Edgett

No comments: