Monday, May 21, 2012

Kitty Go Bye Bye--Big News For A Little Church

May 21, 2012

Last Thursday, I took the kitten to her new home, and I am happy to report that she is doin' beautifully. The older cats didn't give her any trouble, and when I was leavin' I saw her sneakin' up on the tail of another cat, who was obviously twitchin' the tail tip to entice a game with the kitten.

okay, big news about our little cowboy church. The elders are gonna be puttin' in an offer on some land that already has an arena, stalls, all the good stuff. We are hopin' to really expand to improve our outreach to the community. I'm lookin' online to find information about many of the ministries that do well at the cowboy church venue, like Horse Whisperer Ted Noland, Cowboy evengalists, Tommy Brandt and Ray Perryman, etc. I'd like to put together a file of resources to be ready to go into action once we are able to move forward.

As you can guess, I'm askin' for prayer for this action. Not just that it go through as planned, but that it IS in the Lord's plans for us as a church, and that we continue to seek His will in this matter. I think it was Joyce Meyer who once said, "So many people don't DO anything, because they are afraid they will MISS GOD. Well, just keep moving on, because HE always knows where YOU are, and He will find you if you mess up."

It's kind of like with the book that I'm workin' on now. I truly believe that I am movin' in the right direction, and that God is leadin' my efforts. I believe that as long as I am doin' what I believe is His will, He will let me know when I'm off target, and as long as I'm listenin', He will get me back on the trail I'm supposed to be on.

Isaiah 30:21 says,
"And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left."

It doesn't say while you are standin' still, or movin' forward--it just promises that God will guide you, no matter where you're goin'. I figure it's sayin' that if you're at a standstill, not sure WHAT to to do--He'll tell you what His will for you is--and if you are movin'--He's gonna tell you where to take a turn, slow down, speed up, or even STOP!

The trick is...ya gotta be LISTENIN' to Him. And the best way I know to hear His voice is to study His Word and pray. That way, you know if somethin' doesn't line up with His Word. And if it ain't linin' up with scripture--

KNOCK IT OFF!

And that is all I got to say on the subject.

Well, I got chores. Later ya'll.
© 2012 by Evelyn Edgett

1 comment:

  1. Dear Evelyn,

    How fun, you've had a new kitten, too! Ours is almost six weeks old now (where did the time go?) and won't be needing a bottle for much longer. I'm sure that the Lord knew that you would be coming along to save your kitten; He knows who has a soft heart for animals!

    Good luck with the book-writing ventures; it surely is a game of tug-of-war, isn't it?

    Blessings this week,

    Marqueta

    ReplyDelete