Monday, April 16, 2012

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARQUETA!--More Dehydrator Projects--VERY Serious Prayer Request

April 16, 2012

First, I want to say HAPPY BIRthDAY! to my friend, fellow blogger, and penpal, Marqueta, from www.sweetefelicity.blogspot.com. Her birthday was actually yesterday, but since I slept all afternoon after church....I kinda missed it.

On to news. I had a great quiet weekend, with son and hubby out of the house most of it. I played with my dehydrator, took long hot soaks in the tub, and read a bunch of junky yet fun novels. Oh--also wathced a bunch of goofy dvds.

Sometimes you just need a bit of time alone to recharge, ya know? The funny thing is, as much as I love my time byself--I really LOVE when my guys are back home. I don't miss them--but I MISS them...if that makes any sense at all.

Okay--new dehydrator project--homemade croutons! I have a loaf of easy french bread goin' in the machine right now, and when I get home, it should be done. I will slice and cube the loaf, make several small batches with different seasonin's, and pop them into the dehydrator at 145 degrees for about 5 hours. Then comes the best part...


TASTIN' THEM!

Yup, I have a 'quality control' panel of tastin' experts, just waitin' for me to have them try out my new creations. Not only hubby and son, but also my friends Jana, Erin, and mom in law.

I also want to try out makin' bagel chips, which let's face it--they are delicious, but way over priced in the stores. I figure just one bagel will make a nice batch of chips. Oooh, and then there are pita chips, with home made hummus or baba ganouj, and...

I wonder how home made angel food cake, sliced thin and dehydrated, would taste?

I'll let ya know how that turns out.

Hey, has anyone ever used a Sil-Pat cookie sheet liner in a dehydrator? I read that they are good up to around 425 degrees, so surely they would work in a dehydrator, right? And I think they will be cheaper then a Teflex sheet. I may be checkin' the stores around here to see if they are sold in the bakin' departments. I'll let ya know how things turn out there, too.

While I have your attention, I want to ask ya'll to pray about a really serious matter, concernin' a friend of mine who lives up north. She and I knew each other back when Obie was little, and I have watched many of her five youngun's grow up. I love this family dearly, and my friend is one of the sweetest, most gentle spirits you can imagine. In fact, she got me hooked on GENTLE SPIRIT MAGAZINE back when it was first published, also KEEPERS AT HOME MAGAZINE.

Well, it turns out that she and her children are undergoing a tremendously stressfull time in thier lives, and theyu are desperately in need of intercessory prayer from every Christian I can enlist in to praying for them.

Well, the library is closin', so I have to leave you with that request.

Well, I got chores. Later Ya'll.
© 2012 by Evelyn Edgett

1 comment:

  1. Dear Evelyn,

    Thanks so much for the birthday wishes! I'm all smiles. :) Your dehydrating adventures are right up my alley; I'll bet angel food cake would be quite tasty dried. I'll have to check into Sil-Pat cookie sheets. I have a few teflex, but they are pricey.

    Love,

    Marqueta

    p.s. I'll be praying!

    ReplyDelete