Thursday, April 5, 2012

Gettin' Used To Second Shift, Dehydrator Update, Eat Pray Love DVD

April 5, 2012

Okay, we are in the first week of Brian workin' second shift. It's Thursday night, about 11:30, and I'm still goin' strong while watin' for the Redneck to get home at 1:30. The inlaws are outta town, so I'm takin' care of their animals and house sittin'. I'm catchin' up on some laundry and playin' on the computer while I await the last load to dry.

I have to get back up at 6:30 in the mornin', because I have the use of mom in law's car while she is gone, and Obie and I have to meet our friend Eleanor around 8:00 so we can all go the the farmer's market and get bulk produce. After we get home, I will finish cleanin' mom in law's house for the weekend, and Saturday I have to go to a 10 pound meat sale and stock up for the month.

I figure I will rest Saturday, and then Brian is off on Easter, and we can have a family day. I'm not plannin' a big meal, just steaks on the grill, baked potatoes, corn on the cob, home made bread, and a big salad.

Oh--I will be readin' my poem, THE REAL DEAL, at church on Sunday! Preacher Bobby says it fits in with his sermon. The new cowboy church is wonderful--we love the folks--but it still ain't our little barn back in Oklahoma. Grace Country will always be our home church--Western Star is our mission field base of operations.

I have a new batch of vegetable crackers in the dehydrator--I've been watchin' YOUTUBE videos on how to make a better cracker, and I think I have it pretty well figured out--we'll see. I weighed the last batch, and it turned out to be half a pound. The cheap Wal-mart brand is 11oz, and it's $4-$5 a bag, so I think if I keep workin' on my home made crackers, I'll really save some money in the long run. Plus, I will know EXACTLY what is in my chips and crackers.

I think it was last summer when I told ya'll about readin' the book, EAT PRAY LOVE, by Elizabeth Gilbert, and how I found God's voice speakin' to me from the pages.

Well, I found the DVD in the library, and it was great. The actin' was awesome, and the scenes involvin' food made me just wanna get up and go COOK SOMETHIN'!

Yes, I realize that much of the philosophy espoused in the book and film are Hindu in nature, but God can use ANYTHING to teach us His truth--IF we look past the fake and see the Truth.

I found myself wonderin' about the theme of forgivin' oneself that seems to run throughout the movie.

Okay, God's Word says that if we confess our sins and ask for forgiveness--He is quick to do so. It also says that we are to forgive as we are forgiven.

So.....

When we KNOW that God has forgiven us--why do we have such a hard time forgivin' OURSELVES?????!?!?!?!

Look, once God has forgiven us, He says that He recalls it no more--He casts the memory of it as far away as the east is from the west. So, when you keep goin' back and beggin' Him to forgive you...

He actually has NO IDEA what you are talkin' about. That sin has been forgiven through the blood of Jesus Christ that was shed on the cross, and it basically never happened in God's eyes. That is sorts what justified means..

It is 'just if I'd' never sinned.

Get it?

So what the heck GOOD are ya doin' yourself when YOU don't seem to wanna move past somethin' that God has dismissed? Is all that false guilt, sackcloth and ashes doin' ANYTHING to make ya feel better?

I think not.

Yeah, I'm preachin' to myself tonight.

Well, I got CHores. Later Ya'll.
© 2012 by Evelyn Edgett