Saturday, April 7, 2012

Farmer's Market Update--Brian Scares The Bejeebers Outta Me--AND>>> A ZOTE SOAPALLOOZA!!!!!!!

April 7, 2012

First-I think I have fixed the comments feature--we'll see.

Second, I have an update to the Farmer's Market story. The guys at the warehouse called Eleanor to tell her that they had the carrots we had waited for all day yesterday.

She called to see if I wanted to go with her to pick them up, but I had to refuse. I needed to finish cleanin' mom in law's house before they get in from Kansas tonight, do one last load of laundry, feed the horses for the evenin' at 5:00, begin a batch of banana chips in the dehydrator, brew two batches of fenugreek for mom in law, myself, and a lady at church who wants to try it, plus, since Brian was home this mornin', I wanted to spend time with him as we went to get hay, feed, and hit the 10 pound meat sale...well you get the picture.

She laughed, said fine, if anything changes, let her know.

Later, I got a call from her again. She couldn't wait, she went to get those wonderful carrots by herself, and she was callin' from the warehouse. The guys had a box of what she said was the most BEAUTIFUL Poblano peppers, and they were offerin' it to us for a nice discount. I said go for it--we LOVE Poblanos. We use them instead of regular bell peppers in a lot of dishes--try makin' stuffed peppers with Poblanos--mmmm.....

I told her to tell the guys Gracias for bein' so thoughtful. So later, I will go to her house after everything is done here and get my carrots, plus we will divide the peppers.

See what bein' patient and pleasant will do for your life? I'm not sayin' you will get all kinds of free stuff--that is NOT why you would be kind to others. You do it because it is THE RIGHT THING TO DO. You can complain and still be well mannered--I contact companies and let them know if I don't like something all the time--but I do it with a kind attitude, not a snotty one. I've watched other folks get angry and fussy--and all that rantin' and ravin' does is make things worse.

Proverbs 15:1 says, "A gentle answer deflects anger, but harsh words make tempers flare."

I have learned the hard way, by my own actions and by watchin' other folks freak out, that rantin'. ravin, screamin' and cussin' does NOTHING but escalate the problem.

In Matthew 7:12, Jesus told us "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets."

In other words, if you want folks to be nice to you--BE NICE FIRST!

DUH.

Alright, about last night--after I finished my post for the day, I was still sorta playin' around ont he internet, thinkin' I had awhile before Brian got home.The inlaw's house was dark and quiet, their dogs Rusty and Cheyenne snoozin' on the couch.

All of a sudden, there are heavy footsteps comin' up the wooden ramp to the front door. I;m not thinkin' since I was still runnin' on only four hours sleep. It wasn't time for Brian to be home, and nobody was supposed to be here at this hour.

I was never so glad to see Brian come into the house!

I had forgotten that he only works 8 hours a night on the weekend.

He said my face was glowin', I was so pale from nerves.

I lived in the mountains for 7 years, many times just myself and Obie--NEVER thought anything about it--never was scared of bein' there, even walked around at night, just enjoyin' the darkness and quiet.

I move down to 'civilization'--and I'm thinkin' AXE MURDERER!

It was sleep deprivation. That's my story and I'm STICKIN' to it.

Today, when we went to the 10 pound meat sale, I went to the clearance aisle, like I always do, to check for any bargains.

I FOUND ONE!!!!

If you are any kind of 'thriftologist', at some point in time you have heard of makin' your own laundry detergent. I learned about it a couple of years ago, and after buyin' the basic ingredients (washin' soda, borax, and a bar soap, like Fels Naptha or ZOTE), I tried it.

I loved the stuff. I each time I make it, it makes up 5 GALLONS of teh stuff, and it is CHEAP. After you buy the basic ingredients, you only use a cup of each of the powders, and then you get a soap bar for gratin' up to add. You just salvage empty liquid laundry bottles from the washateria or have friend's save theirs, and you can really save money.

I was at the clearance aisle, and there they were....19 bars of ZOTE SOAP. ALL FOR .29 CENTS EACH! They sell for at least a $1.00, even online, and here were 19 bars, all just waitin' for me to gather them up and take them home.

My laundry detergent makin' just got even cheaper.

Oh yeah--high five for the cheap lady!

Well, the inlaw's house is clean, my laundry is dryin', I'm about to feed the horses for the night, and then head over to Eleanor's for my nummy carrots and peppers. I'm thinkin' a simple supper of either a smoothie full of fruit, or a gorgeous salad and a small peice of chicken each.

I got no more chores. Later ya'll--and....

HAPPY RESURRECTION DAY! HE IS RISEN INDEED!
© 2012 by Evelyn Edgett