Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Didja Miss Me?

March 29, 2912

Hey ya'll, I can't believe it has been so long since I last posted, but I have been really busy.

Not the "wow I can't believe how crazy my schedule is I have to jump through hoops and catch my own backside as it falls through how the heck am I ever gonna get caught up wih all this STUFF!?!?!?!?!?" kinda busy.

Naw--I'm actually used to THAT kind of busy. Sort of addicted to it, too, if I'm being honest.

Nope--the busy I have been experienceing has been simply the type where you mind your own business, take care of your own household, meet your family's needs and just get on with LIVING kind of busy.

THAT is not so usual for me.

What happened was I came down with an illness that laid me low for several weeks. Nothing really exreme, just a virus that made the rounds in our area, and I had my turn with it.

After the initial aches, pains, chills and fever, I was mostly just weak, and had to cut back everything I had been doin'.

I had to REST. I had a real chance to "be still and know that He is God."

I had time to THINK.

To ruminate upon a lot of things in my life.

I am well now, and things are NOT back to normal.

They are better.

First, I realized that I needed to declutter a few more things in my life, and as a result, I dumped FACEBOOK. I mean, I am completely OFF their website. It took some doin', but I got myself erased.

Don't get me wrong, I think that FB has a place in the world--it is a great way to keep up with other folks and find old friends and family.

It is also a place where folks just go NUTS, arguin' over stuff that doesn't mean a hill of beans. I enjoyed many of the things that I found there, but I finaly decided that for myself, I needed to just go away for a while, and not be distracted by all the things that other folks were doin'. I made arrangements to keep in touch with many of my friends via other venues.

I have thought long and hard about keepin' this blog runnin', also. It began as a way to sharpen my writin' skills, and to see if I had any talent that others might be interested in. Many of the folks who read my blog have said that yes, I have some talent, and they didn't want me to delete the blog, just leave it up if I don't do anything else, 'cause they are still referin' other folks to it.

Well, after a lot of internal debate, prayer, and just waitin' to see how I felt after a time--

I have decided to keep the blog goin'.

Please, hold down the applause.

The fact is, I just enjoy bloggin', and I am amazed that anyone wants to read my stuff!

So, I will keep doin' my thing on here, as long as I feel that it is fun and productive.

I will be changin' part of the focus, however, since I no longer live in such an isolated area, and my home right now is on a plot of land that doesn't belong to me--I can't really say that I am bein' a 'traditional' homesteader. Instead, I feel that I have moved into the realms of what is known as "urban homesteadin'", or "hobby farmin'".

Oh, I'll still be workin' on simple livin', producin' much of our food and other needs, and of course, THRIFTOLOGY is still a large part of my life. I will just be doin' it on a smaller scale in a different venue.

Some of my projects will include startin' a produce co-op with some of my friends, doin' a little flea marketin' on weekends, blendin' and sellin' essential oils, and of course--I'm WORKIN' ON THE BOOK.

And as soon as I can, I am plantin' some tomatoes in a container--'cause let's face it--I GOTTA GROW SOMETHIN'!

I will also be reviewin' several books that are aimed at urban homesteadin'.

Okay--I think that will be enough for now--I will post some catch up stuff later, so you can get an idea of what I've been up to since last we met.

Well, I got chores. Later Ya'll.
© 2012 by Evelyn Edgett

1 comment:

  1. Dear Evelyn,

    It's good to hear from you! I know what you mean about the everyday busy; it's the best kind, isn't it? I do hope the bug is leaving you alone and you're better than ever.

    Love,

    Marqueta

    ReplyDelete