Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Workin' On THE BOOK

January 24, 2012

Sorry I have not been postin' lately, but I have been busy with this book I told you about.

I have always written, and I'm good at it--I just never realised how much WORK a book would be, and I'm just in the PLANNIN' STAGE!

Let me explain.

To write a book like the one I'm workin' on--you can't just sit down and write. Noooo......


You have to first figure out EXACTLY what you are writin' about--in this case, I know it will be about women's health issues as they relate to alternative medicine.

But....

WHICH alternative medicine? Will it be wholistic, naturopathic, Chinese herbal, Aruvedic--do you realise how many different therapies there ARE?

Okay--suppose you decide to discuss Chinese medicine. You have to discuss what to look for in choosin' a practitioner. WHERE to look for a practicioner.

You have to decided WHICH women's health issues to address--reproductive health, mental and emotional issues, diet and exercise, cosmetic categories, ie, aging skin, etc.

When addressin' these issues, you have to address the spiritual context that these issues are affected by--but how do I address these issues without gettin' into spiritual mine fields? Let's face it--I'm a Christian, and I am NOT gonna do anything to promote an ungodly lifestyle.

Will that attitude shrink my potential audience?

You bet.

Guess what--I don't care. I will write as God prompts me to--not as I think any potential readers may want.

So, you can see why I've been offline for a while. Betwen practicin' my "housewifery" and workin' on this book--I'm pretty busy in the real world--so the virtual one is gonna have to wait!

So, if ya don't see any new posts for a while--don't dispair--I'm workin' on the BOOK.

Well, I got chores. Later (I hope) ya'll.
© 2012 by Evelyn Edgett

3 comments:

  1. Dear Evelyn,

    I'm so glad that you're working on a book; it gives you a whole new appreciation for any author who's ever been published, doesn't it? Writing the book itself is a piece of cake after laying the groundwork!

    Love,

    Marqueta

    ReplyDelete