Saturday, January 7, 2012

Settlin' In, Gettin' Routines, And Bandy's Jealous

January 7, 2012

After almost a month in our new house, we are finally getin' settled in. I have most of our things either put where they need to be, stored until the next time they are needed, or purged out and taken away to wherever they needed to go.

I needed a small shelf for under my kitchen sink, but I couldn't afford to purchase anything at the time. However, as usual--God came through with an 'accidental' glance to my right as Obie and I were drivin' home Wednesday from town. There, on the side of the road and next to a trash can, was a short, four tier shelf. I pulled over, checked it out, and found it perfect for my needs. I tossed it in the truck, along with a large 'cube' type cooler that simply needed washin' out, and later that day I had my much needed shelf. I was also able to toss out an older cooler that was fallin' apart.

See how God answers needs, even when we don't think to ask Him?

We have a kinda sorta, some kind of routine goin'. I'm still strugglin' with gettin' up at 6 a.m., which is bizarre, since I used to get up at 3:45 a.m. with no problem. If I do oversleep--around 6:55 the bed actually JERKS, because Fang, my male wolf, slams into the side of it, wakin' me to the reality of his needin' to go potty--NOW!!!!!!!!!! This is often complicated by his momma, Little Dove, jumpin' ON to the bed--and usually my bladder--at the same time. Talk about a priority dilemma!

Tuesdays are my laundry day, and I hope to add in any sewin' or mendin' that needs doin'--need a small table for my sewin' corner--you just wait--God has one sittin' somewhere, just waitin' for me to find it.

We are still gettin' other days set up, and I'm tryin' to be certain NOT to over commit myself.

Now, as far as my little one eyed horse, Bandy--well....

He's mad at me.

He's jealous.

He caught me pettin' another horse.

Ya see, since we moved here, I've been so busy, I haven't had time to dote upon his 'royal spoiledness' like he would prefer.

Well, when I have crossed the pasture beside us to take things to the in-laws, I have been accosted by Shortcake, a strawberry roan filly. She won't let anyone cross 'her' pasture without demandin' payment--which consists of pettin' her and tellin' her how pretty she is.

I was goin' along, not thinkin' anything about this, until I looked over and saw Bandy just STARIN', his lower lip pooched out as if he were poutin'.

He seemed to be sayin', "Mom--how COULD you?"

So now--when I try to work with him--he turns his butt to me, which is horse for, "Talk to the hand (or hoof)"

That's okay...I got a bag of baby carrots that will soon be temptin' him outta his funk.

Well, I got chores. Later ya'll.
© 2012 by Evelyn Edgett

2 comments:

  1. Dear Evelyn,

    Oh, you lead such a charmed life! Really, how many people have such a personalized wake-up call? I've been having getting trouble getting up before EIGHT, so don't feel bad! I think it's the darkness this time of year; we naturally feel the urge to hibernate.

    Poor Bandy; I hope the carrots do the trick!

    Love,

    Marqueta

    ReplyDelete