Friday, December 9, 2011

Scripture For A Former Post--Big News--And Two New Blogs For My List

December 9, 2011

The other mornin' when I posted about cuttin' away everything that wasn't what our family wanted in our lives, I didn't actually post a scripture that related to my theory.

It wasn't that I didn't have one in mind--I just couldn't recall which one I wanted to use.

Today, I'm postin' the verse that relates the most to what I was talkin' about:

Hebrews 12:1

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us." (NIV)

See what I mean now? Yes, the verse is primarily speakin' about castin' sin out of our lives, but it is also, in my opinion, talkin' about lettin' go of EVERYTHING that hinders us in our lives, be it a sin, an attitude, a negative person or an object that we need to let go of because it is takin' up too much room or time to maintain.

Now that I have that clarified--I wanna talk about the BIG NEWS.

I have a book deal!

Yup--gonna be writin' on a book with a friend about women's health issues as they relate to alternative medicine. We will look at the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual health of women, and how aternative therapies can be used to aid in the maintenance of good health and the recovery from poor health.

Cool, huh?

We will start in on this project in January, since we both wanna be past all the Christmas (Yes, I said CHRISTmas--deal with it) holidays.

You will also notice that I have added two new blogs to my blog list--http://my50syear.blogspot.com/, and http://oilfieldwifeandacowboychurchlife.blogspot.com/. I think you will enjoy both of these women's point of view. I am especially honored to list An Oilfield Wife, since the blogger is my very own friend, Alyssa, whom you will recall from my posts about her baby daughter in the hospital. This is her first attempt at bloggin', so please be kind and constructive in your comments to her--or I might get over protective.....lol.

Well, I got chores. Later ya'll.
© 2011 by Evelyn Edgett

1 comment:

  1. Dear Evelyn,

    Yay for your news; it seems that book-writing is contagious lately. :) I'm looking forward to reading it when it's done.

    Love,

    Marqueta

    ReplyDelete