Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Greetin's And Catch Up

December 24, 2011

Hey, ya'll--sorry I haven't been postin' the past couple of weeks, but if you recall, I mentioned a big project in the works a few weeks back. It's been keepin' me hoppin', and now I'm ready to let ya'll in on the big news.

We are movin' back to Texas for a while!

Yup, we are takin' a sabbatical from mountain livin' for a while, in order to allow me some breathin' room while I work on the book I told ya'll about.

God has been so good to us as we prayed about this big step in our lives. He has provided a good job for the Redneck, a 'cowboy cottage' for us to live in, and folks to stay at our homestead in the mountains while we are gone, to keep an eye on things till we return.

We had actualy been feelin' His leadin' in this direction for a long time--we just hadn't known how it would come about. So, we just decided to be ready to go, but still carry on with our lives if we stayed.

We will still be livin' simply, but with RUNNIN' WATER! Let's face it--simple livin' has nothin' to do with WHERE you live, but HOW you live. I've already been barterin' for services and things we need. I joined an EXTREME COUPON group, and I should be ready for my 'maiden voyage' to the stores soon.

The first meetin' for the book has been rescheduled for after the first of the year, which I'm grateful for, since I'm still gettin' the 'cottage' set up. I'm really gettin' excited about the book, especially since I will be workin' with my friend and mentor, Eleanor. I've known her for over 14 years, and she has some wonderful wisdom to pass on. I'm honored that she and I are workin' together on this project. I pray that our efforts result in a product that will enlighten and and enable women to start healin' in their lives, whether from emotional, spiritual or physical issues.

I need to get crackin', folks--still have a lot of things to do before Christmas Day. Obie gets to spend the holiday with his dad, and the Redneck and I have a quiet day planned. I'm makin' a ham with dressin', mashed potatoes and gravy, corn and punkin' pie. We rented a bunch of dvds and plan to just eat and REST.

Oh--almost forgot--on December 28, at 9est/8cst--TLC is showin' an hour long special called EXTREME CHEAPSKATES. It will feature four of the top cheapskates in the cuontry, includin'.....JEFF YEAGER!!!!

I have already begged neighbor to let me watch it on his tv. Check it out--ya might learn somethin'.

Well, I got chores. Later ya'll.
© 2011 by Evelyn Edgett

No comments:

Post a Comment