Thursday, November 10, 2011

Good News, GOOD News, GOOD NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!

November 10, 2011

Howdy, boys and girls--I am back! Things were hoppin' around here for a bit untl I got my 'sea legs', and developed a rhythm to help me get through all I had to do lately. Fortunately, I'm clickin' on all gears now, and things are runnin' smooth again.

I won't go into a lot of detail right now, since I am still a tad pressed for time, but I wanted to let all of ya'll know that the little 4 month old with meningitis is doin' WONDERFUL! She is off all the machines for breathin' and they are supposed to be takin' out her feedin' tube this mornin'. PRAISE GOD FROM WHO ALL BLESSIN'S FLOW! YEEEEHAW! Way to go, little darlin' you keep fightin', and we'll keep prayin'!

Her mommy, daddy and big brother are all doin' good. When I recently asked about the 'big brother', his mom replied, "well, he's not thrilled about all this, but he is happily terrorizing his granddad right now!"

I've been carin' for their animals while they are at the hospital, and God has used that experience to teach me a few scriptural lessons--more about that later. I have to say, I never thought I'd be runnin' around tryin' to find a bathroom heater for an iguana--but when it got cold, I just coldn't let the little guy croak on my watch, ya know? So now'Godzilla' as I call him, is toasty and warm in his cage. I actually think he looked at me with gratitude when I got the heater plugged in--who knows?

Okay--what else? Oh yeah, gotta tell ya'll about my latest find at the thrift store. I finally have my own copy of JANE EYRE by Charlotte Bronte, for a whole 20 cents. I have always loved the book, and I have enjoyed many of the various films made about the tale. So now, I can enjoy it whenever I like, and I intend to enjoy it as soon as I can, and I will be puttin' to good use the lovely tea things I received from my pen pal last week as I do it. My goal is to set up my 'tea time', with lovely goodies, and to read one chapter per day as I take a breather from my day. I'm lookin' for a good recipe for crispy ginger snap cookies to make--I LOVE THOSE THINGS!

Okay, I have to go for now--still have a lot of things to handle for a time,but if all goes well, I may be back tomorrow to post a book review from my friend, John L. Holt, on his book, SANTA CLAUSE, IS HE FOR YOUR CHILD? I'll get that out as soon as possible, since this is the perfect time of year to review the subject.

Well, I got chores. Later ya'll.
© 2011 by Evelyn Edgett

No comments:

Post a Comment