Monday, November 21, 2011

Baby Is Back In Hospital--More Prayers Requested--I Find A New 'Sport'

November 21, 2011

Hey ya'll--just a quick post to let everyone know that the little 4 month old had to go back into the hospital this weekend. She has fluid on her brain, due to a stroke she suffered earlier. The doctors are waitin' to see if it will reabsorb on its own, or if they need to go in and drain it.

So, as you can guess, we are back to feedin' the family's animals for a few days. I got no poblem with that--I consider it a privilege to be able to serve this little family in a way that I am actually good at.

One unexpected bonus from critter sittin' is that we have been able to watch a little tv, since we don't have any ourselves. The main thing we have found is....

THERE IS VERY LITTLE OUT THERE WORTH WATCHIN'!

Seriously--almost a THOUSAND CHANNELS--and NOTHIN' worth seein'.

Okay--we have gotten to watch a few Christian programs that are worth the time, and Brian and Obie have enjoyed a few car and military themed shows.

But mostly it is a wasteland out there.

Except for....

EXTREME COUPONING!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy jumpin' cats--I LOVE THAT SHOW! I take NOTES on strategies these folks use to lower grocery bills. I have found a new sport to pursue.

I told Brian, "I don't wanna be as NUTS as some of these folks are--but I want a piece of the action."

I mean, think about it--you could build a stockpile for your own family's use, PLUS have plenty to donate to food banks, homeless shelters, women's crisis shelters, etc.

I used to do triple couponing years ago, and my personal best was $120 worth of food for $40. I thought I was good back then--but wow--I am impressed at how many folks actually end up bein' owed money by the stores.

Yes, I hear some of ya'll out there sayin' "But coupons are only good for procesed foods."

If you are givin' it to a homeless person--they don't CARE if it's not UBER ORGANIC. They will be grateful that it is EDIBLE and doesn't come out of a DUMPSTER.

Look at it this way--if all of us good 'keepers at home' were to spend some time learnin' these systems, and then puttin' then into practice--we could really make a dent in our local hunger problems. When Jesus said "You will always have the poor with you," (John 12:8) He didn't say that we were to just write the poor off since, after all--they're always gonna be there.

If by doin' just somethin' simple like donatin' couponed food to shelters,
givin' blankets to the homelss, or even handin' over your pocket change to the guy with the sign on the street corner you can alleviate some of the sufferin' in the world--why don't more of us do it?

Well, I got chores. Later ya'll.
© 2011 by Evelyn Edgett

No comments:

Post a Comment