Monday, October 31, 2011

A Wonderful Surprise, Gonna Be Busy For A Bit, And A PRayer Request

October 31, 2011

Well, I said this is our busiest month--I just had no idea HOW busy this month.

I know we have all heard that one should never pray for patience, since God will give you all kinds of situations to develop it with. I am here to tell ya'll that patience ain't the ONLY thing you have to be wary of prayin' for!

I have been prayin' for the ability to develop a servant's heart--oh boy, am I gettin' a chance to grow in THAT area!

There is a wonderful little family thatr attends our church, and they live about 4 miles away from us. Last Thursday, their 4 month old duahgter was placed in pediatric ICU after bein' diagnosed with meningitis. She is on a ventilator, but improvin'. That is the prayer request I am sendin' out to all my readers, that this precious baby be healed and be able to come home soon. Also, I am askin' for prayer for her mom and dad, and especially for her 'big brother', who is about 2 years old. While he is with his grandparents, and he loves them a lot--I know he has to be wonderin' where his mommy, daddy and little sister are. Remember, he's 2, and doesn't understand this situation.

Please pray for me, too, as I am takin' care of their animals while they are away, along with my own chores. I ask for wisdom in how to arrange my day so that I can care for both sets of critters, and still be able to care for my own family, without runnin' myself into the ground, which I will do if I don't use wisdom and listen to my husband.

Oh yes, I also want to announce that God is so good! I had received a comment from my pen pal, Marqueta, over at www.sweetefelicity.blogspot.com, that she was sendin' me a little somethin' in the mail.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!

I got her 'little somethin', and I couldn't believe it when I opened this huge box and found cloth napkins, a little yellow coffee pot lotion/soap dispenser, a sugar bowl and creamer set for my afternoon tea, an apron kit to sew up--and oh gosh--my eyes bugged out at this--a coffee carafe that sits on a metal stand over a tea light to keep liquuid warm! Oh yes, and an older copy of VICTORIA magazine. There were also some lovely crocheted doilies and lace hankies.

See why I say that God is good? He knew that I had been really a bit pressed for time and peace lately, so He arranged for Marqueta's gift to arrive on the perfect day to lift my mood. I now have somethin' to look forward to as I go through the next few weeks of hectic schedule. I know that when this all passes by--and all things do pass away over time--I will have some lovely things to arrange as I finish puttin' my cabin kitchen together for the winter months ahead. Yes, I know it is a little thing--but life is made up of little things, little blessin's and joys that God sends to fill our lives with His Love.

"So let's not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don't give up." Galations' 6:9, NLT

So--if ya'll don't see me for a time--I'm just learnin' to develop that servant's heart I've been prayin' for!

Well, I got LOTS of chores. Later Ya'll.
© 2011 by Evelyn Edgett

1 comment:

  1. Dear Evelyn,

    Yay, it made it there! I can't tell you how nervous I was sending it off, when the post office put that itty bitty "fragile" stamp on it. I hope you can use the "creative packaging" for something, too. :)

    I'll be sure to keep your friends in my prayers; I know what it's like to have a prolonged hospital visit. You are truly being an angel of mercy for them.

    Love,

    Marqueta

    ReplyDelete