Thursday, September 29, 2011

My 100th post!

September 29, 2011

Wow--I just saw that I have 99 previous posts--who knew I had so much to say?

Oh wait--that would be ANYBODY who has known me for more than 5 minutes....

Okay--who knew I had anything WORTHWHILE to say?

Yeah--that lowers the numbers quite a bit, I'd say!

Okay, it's been a busy week--We had a quiet weekend, EXCELLENT church service, and I got floored when I found a message for me on FACEBOOK from a man whom I made friends with through another friend, askin' me if his church could use my last post as a church bulletin insert. His PASTOR liked it.

Then after tellin' some folks in my church, 'cause well, heck, I felt honored, I found out that one of my friends had reposted an edited version of my post on FB, givin' me credit and praisin' my writin'. Other folks who had read the post told me how much THEY liked it, and that they had emailed it to several other folks.

Talk about humblin'. I am more excited about these small acknowledgements than if I had been paid to have my work published (however--if anyone out there WANTS to pay me for writin' somethin'--I'm adaptable!).

I said at the outset of this blog, that if I have anything to say that has any merit whatsoever--I give the glory to God. Yes, I work hard to get those words on the page in a way that makes readin' them enjoyable. But I honestly believe that God directs my thoughts and ideas. His word provides so much material as I hold up experiences in my life to the Bible to see what He may be tryin' to get through my head.

Let's see, what else? Obie and I got a couple of good long walks in, and some other work done around the house, gettin' ready for winter here in the mountains.

My camera has somethin' wrong with it--so until I get a replacement--unless I find some photos in my archives to use--photos will not be included in posts for a bit.

After readin' Lady Lydia's blog this mornin' , I have decided to begin 'taking tea' in the afternoons with my son and whoever may be about. i have always loved the idea of tea time, and Lady Lydia's suggestions on how to reduce stress in the home just stuck a chorc. I have a nice metal tray with a tiny butterflies design, and today my friend Joyce gave me 5 dainty tea cups and saucers. They dont match, but they are quite pretty. I am keepin' an eye out for a tea pot and other accoutrements to set up a tea set with. I hope to find some nice napkins, a small table to serve on, and some small plates and serving bowls for snacks and jellies--stuff like that. Maybe a cream and sugar set. I don't intend to get overly complicated, but I would like to think that I took some time out of my day to make life a bit more special. I can't even do this every day--but when I do it--I want it to be elegantly relaxing.

I do have a tea recipe that you can make very easily in your own kitchen, with simple spices from your cupboard. You can add the following to any black tea or green tea, if you like. Just blend together the following:

cloves, ginger root,
cinnamon bark, peppermint leaves, cardamom,
allspice, orange peel and black pepper

I just started bangin' them together in amounts that I thought would be good--you can do the same. The tea has the effect of aidin' the digestive system, soothin' nerves and refreshin' the spirit.

I simply use the combination by itself--I don't add any type of tea. I think the blend stands on its own. It's also good once it's brewed, to make into an iced tea with a touch of stevia.

I guess I don't have a lot more to say on this 'auspicious occasion' of my 100th post. I would like to share a poem with ya'll that I wrote last year. i hope you like it.


And Yet I Forgave You
By Evelyn Edgett
May 25, 2010

Jesus,
They hurt me so bad.
How can I forgive them?
My child, you were there,
when they rejected My words.
And yet, I forgave you.


But Jesus,
They betrayed me.
How can I forgive them?
My child, you were there,
when Judas kissed my cheek.
And yet, I forgave you.


But Jesus,
They lied about me.
How can I forgive them?
My child, you were there,
when lies were told by Pharisees.
And yet, I forgave you.

But Jesus,
They tried to destroy me.
How can I forgive them?
My child, you were there,
When they scourged away My flesh.
And yet, I forgave you.


But Jesus,
Their deeds cut me so deep.
How can I forgive them?
My child, it was your sin,
That nailed Me to that cross.
And yet, I forgave you.


When the disciples asked Jesus, “Lord, teach us to pray.” one of the things He taught them was, “forgive us our sins as we forgive those who sin against us.”
No Jew, no Roman, no earthly government or human authority nailed Jesus to the cross. It was us, our sins that caused the only begotten Son of God to hang from a tree, suspended between heaven and earth. It was because of our sins that He chose to die a horrific death so He could redeem us to Himself.
So my question to you is this. If He can forgive us for that, why can’t we forgive the people who hurt us in this life?

(This poem is dedicated to the prayer warriors of my church, Grace Country Cowboy Church, in Wilburton, Oklahoma. Thank you for your prayers. I love you all.)


Well, I got chores. Later ya'll.
© 2011 by Evelyn Edgett

1 comment:

  1. Dear Evelyn,

    Love, love the poem! I'm so excited that you are going to be taking tea. :) I forget to do it most days, but when I do remember, I know I'm making lasting memories for us all.

    May I ask what colors/patterns are on your tea cups and saucers? I love mixing and matching things, too!

    I have another novella/letter in the works for you, if Rebecca will stop stealing my pens and let me finish!

    Love,

    Marqueta

    p.s. Congratulations on the 100th post.

    ReplyDelete