Thursday, August 4, 2011

Preparin' For Sabbath

July 29, 2011

Today is preparation day for our second Sabbath observation. Everything went smoothly in the house cleanin', I have meat thawin' for supper, and I am gonna try a new recipe for beef breakfast sausage this afternoon. I got the recipe from Angela Coffman's Grocery Shrink Website (www.groceryshrink.com). If you haven't checked her site out yet--you are missin' out on some good stuff. She posts great ways to budget for food, home made household cleaners, just all kinds of good ideas. She also has a fabulous E-Book for the slow cooker.

Brian and I have discussed last week's Sabbath and how it affected our week so far. We have agreed that if nothin' else--we are certainly more rested this week. I also noticed that we have snapped less at each other, either. We don't fight--but we do get snarky when we are stressed.

We probably will have to go get hay tomorrow--but that won't take long, and we consider that to be more of the 'oxen in the ditch' side of Sabbath. We haven't had the ability to pick it up during this last week, so we will get it tomorrow.

There are clouds startin' to gather in the sky (well, where else, Evelyn?), and I am believin' for rain this afternoon.

I have learned that there are a couple of bears in the area--kewl!

A man who lives way up on another mountain once told me about how he was findin' that the dog food he was storin' in a metal trash can was always gone. He figured that someone was sneakin' up on his porch and stealin' the food outta the can.

One night, he was sittin' and readin' by lantern, and he heard a noise on his porch. He just KNEW it was the dog food thieves, so he crept up to the door, his pistol in his hand. He snatched the door open, and there, on the other side of his screen door...

was a bear.

This was not a little bear. It had the lid of the trash can open, and was scoopin' up the feed into it's mouth with a big paw.

He said that the bear just stopped eatin', looked at the man, and then went back to eatin' like nothin' had happened.

"What did you do?", I asked.

"I shut the door quietly, and went to bed."

I believe that man acted wisely.

I honestly don't have a lot to talk about today.

Well, I got chores. Later ya'll.
© 2011 by Evelyn Edgett

No comments:

Post a Comment