Thursday, August 18, 2011

Old Ads From Celestial Seasonings And A Couple More

August 18, 2011

Wow--the week is goin' fast, and I have been so busy I haven't been able to write a daily post since Sunday.

I was back in jeans and boots Monday mornin'. t actually felt a little weird after a week of dresses, but I recovered quickly.

I was lookin' through my photo files this week and came across a few that I thought I'd like to share with ya'll.

These are some of the old CELESTIAL SEASONINGS HERBAL TEA advertisements that used to be on the back covers of MOTHER EARTH NEWS MAGAZINE. I had all the old copies for years, and then I took them apart and filed the stories into categories for research. I couldn't get rid of many of the ads that graced the covers of MEN, however, so I have a file for many of my favorites. I hope to get them laminated and framed for a kitchen someday. But for now--I'll share them with ya'll.
I LOVE Red Zinger Tea--so refreshin'!

This ad makes me feel cooler just lookin' at it. Wish we had a small waterfall around here to escape the heat in. Although the temps are lower, we still have a heat advisory.
Aren't the country colors in this ad just gorgeous?
This one was to show just how much Celestial Seasonings cares about the environment.

I loved to drink this tea--unfortunately, I gave up caffeine last year, since if I get too much (and I will--I love the zip I get too much to be moderate), I run around like a gerbil on speed. Not pretty....
These next two I put in here for my pen pal, Marqueta, from SWEETE FELICITY (www.sweetefelicity.blogspot.com). I'm sure she'll like the feelin' of the
ads...


I came across these last two ads, and I just wanted to include them for the ambience of one--

--and the sheer joyful chaos of the other.
I mean, come on--wouldn't it be cool if your BEN & JERRY'S danced in the freezer?

Oh well, that's all I got to share today. Hope ya liked the ads.

Well, I got chores. Later ya'll.
© 2011 by Evelyn Edgett











1 comment:

  1. Dear Evelyn,

    I love those ads! And I love Celestial Seasonings tea, too (herbal, of course), and look forward to their special holiday teas each year.

    Caffeine and I aren't friends, either. I had some green tea the other afternoon and couldn't sleep till after midnight!

    I'm glad you had a good week wearing your girly clothes; I remember when I kept a reserve pair of pants in my dresser "just in case." It took a lot of guts to go all the way, I can tell you!

    Love and blessings,

    Marqueta

    ReplyDelete