Friday, August 5, 2011

Mayla's Goin' Home--Hot Room Yoga--I Announce An Experiment

August 5, 2011

I got behind on my written at home posts this week--the heat has sapped my brain. But we did get rain last night--it was lovely.

Miz Mayla is goin' home tonight--I like her, she is a very sweet horse, but she is also smarter than me, and so she gets out and heads up to the easement to graze when my back is turned.

Our church, GRACE COUNTRY COWBOY CHURCH is hostin' a ranch rodeo tomorrow at LIGHTNIN' C ARENA, near Krebs, OK. It will start around 10 a.m. Ya'll come on by if you're in the neighborhood.

The thing I hate most about this heat is the way it keeps me from walkin' every day. However, I have come up with an idea to be able to do yoga in order to help me at least stay limber until it cools down and I can hit the roads again.

There is a type of yoga that is practiced in a very warm room, in order to ensure that joints don't stiffen up--it's known as HOT Yoga, or BIKRAM Yoga. Well, I realized that my cabin kitchen stays very warm, even in the early hours, so I will be movin' my mat and laptop for the DVDs I use for Yoga into the cabin kitchen. I will have room to move and stretch, and so I should be able to get some practice in.

I cannot believe I am about to announce the followin':

I have decided to perform an experiment in wearin' dresses, so beginnin' Monday mornin' I will get up each day and put on a dress. A jumper, really, with nice little knit tops under them. I will have my hubby take a photo of  me each mornin', fully dressed, then I will go about my normal day around here. After the day is done, I will have him take a photo, also, in order to document how well this new way of dressin' measures up.

I am not doin' this to make fun of wearin' dresses--although I am willing to bet that there will be quite a few laughs at  my own expense along the way. I am truly wantin' to see just how I will do in more feminine attire on this little homestead of ours. I will also keep a journal of how well or how poorly I do. I will be honest at the end of the time period as to how I feel about wearin' dresses everyday.

So, folks--PRAY FOR ME!

Well, I got chores. Later ya'll.
© 2011 by Evelyn Edgett

1 comment:

  1. Dear Evelyn,

    You're taking the plunge! I feel faint! ;-)

    The yoga sounds like a good thing; I forgot about hot yoga (I heard about it watching Wayne Dyer's "The Shift"), but that's a great thing for this time of year.

    I hope you're keeping a little cooler there this week; thank the Lord we were only 85 degrees today! The mailman beat me to getting your letter out today, but I have it all written and ready to go!

    Love,

    Marqueta

    ReplyDelete