Thursday, August 18, 2011

Day 5 of Dress Experiment

August 12, 2011

Day 5 of the Dress Experiment.

Have any of ya'll seen SPIDERMAN 3? If you haven't, let me just give ya'll a little bit of the plot.

Peter Parker, aka Spiderman, gets some 'space goo' on him while sleepin'. This goo spreads all over his Spidey suit and takes it over. It essentially begins to change Peter's personality.

Can see where this is goin'?

I think I have been possessed by the SPIRIT OF THE DRESS.

I did laundry yesterday, so I slipped on the dress that I wore Tuesday. I began cleanin' and preppin' the house for Sabbath, and somewhere along the way....

I turned into Suzie Homemaker.

I not only cleaned--I CLEANED. I will say that scrubbin' a floor by hand in a dress is not easy. It can be done, but it ain't easy.

I baked four loaves of artisan bread, took food up to my neighbor, who was gone. I slipped into his house and left the goodies on his counter.

I fixed a special meal for the evening, and then...

and then...

I BAKED COOKIES!

I baked huge chocolate chip cookies for my Beloved. I use butter too--no margarine hard pucks for my family (Besides--do you know how margarine is made? Look it up sometimes--you'll never touch the stuff again.)

Now, none of this stuff is really all that unusual, but something about wearin' a dress changed the FEEL of the activities I was doin'. I seemed to actually be MORE productive in the household realm of my duties.

See what I mean? I was 'possessed by the dress'.

Or, I could just be gettin' used to wearin' dresses, and I happened to have more energy due to the weather coolin' off.

Well, I got chores. Later ya'll.
© 2011 by Evelyn Edgett

1 comment:

  1. Dear Evelyn,

    Wow, I missed a whole slew of posts! Were you wearing an apron while cleaning? That always sets me off on a "Suzie Homemaker" spree! Which reminds me I still haven't posted how to make jumper aprons. . .

    I hope you are having a wonderful day.

    Love,

    Marqueta

    ReplyDelete