Thursday, August 11, 2011

Day 2 Of Dress Experiment

Aug 9, 2011

Dress Experiment--Day 2.

I woke up tired from the weekend and an unexpected day of Brian bein' off from work. It didn't help that we had to haul some hay and fix another tire--plus the heat was still bad Monday. I was so tired that I didn't get dressed until after I got up the second time this mornin'. I slept an extra couple of hours, since it was rainin' when we woke up. So, no before photo of me in a dress.

However, here is the afternoon photo of me in my Noah's Ark jumper. I don't look too bad, even though Obie and I got to walk 3 miles today, and SWEATED.


One of our dogs, Ufi, decided to follow us, even though I scolded her several times. I think her sister beat her up again, so she felt it was worth disobeyin' me so she could stay away from Simi.

We walked up to the big rig gate, and Ufi kept lookin' up at me as if to ask, "Why are we walkin' so far?" She finally got tired and hot enough to fling herself down into a puddle at the side of the road.



When we got to the turn around spot, she just looked at me, puzzled.

I told her, "Look, I told you to stay home. I did not tell you to go on this journey, but you thought you knew better and went your own way."

Whoa--am I the only one who just got goosebumps? God got me again....

After we got back home, we took care of a bunch of piddly chores that had been pilin' up around here. I got out the epoxy and repaired this pitcher and bowl that my neighbor recently gave me. It had belonged to his late wife, and it had a small piece snapped off the side of the bowl. The piece was with it, and with a bit of epoxy and patience, it is now beautiful once again.


I'm thinkin' of redoin' my little bathroom around this set. Sort of a lady's boudoir in the old west. Maybe some leather and lace--whaddya think? Perhaps I may stitch up a corset--the instructions can be found on the THREADBANGERS website(www.threadbanger.com). I love that site--all kinds of ideas--even one video on how to make your own panties from old shirts and ribbon. Oh, and I can’t leave out the $6.00 weddin’ dress made from a package of white men’s T-shirts. Don’t look like that--the young folks who put this site together may be a bit out there in some ways, but they have wonderful fresh ideas on how to utilize fabric.

Pretty much the rest of the day was quiet--a simple supper of baked steaks, Julia Child potatoes and salad--then we watched Brad Stine's DVD WUSSIFICATION. Brad is a Christian Comic who tells it like it is. He is real and funny, and his love for the Lord shows in everything he does on stage. He has several DVDs. Check him out at www.bradstine.com.

Quiet night. Later, ya'll.
© 2011 by Evelyn Edgett

No comments:

Post a Comment