Monday, August 29, 2011

A Clarification--And A Review

August 29, 2011

Well, it had to happen.

As you have no doubt noticed--I write in a manner very similar to the way I speak when I am in the mountains. I use a lot of colloquialisms, I drop the 'g' at the end of words, I say "ain't", and I use a lot of country logic and cliches.

I was recently informed by an offline acquaintance that I shouldn't write my blog like this, as people will think that I am an 'ignorant hick'.

Well, heck--let me clear this all up for ya'll.

First and foremost--I AIN'T IGNORANT.

I have a college education, and I study everything that even remotely interests me--from Astronomy to ZZ Top.

I love classical music, opera, theater, and ballet. I have read Shakespeare, Molière's TARTUFFE, the Bible, and ROBINSON CRUSOE. I love to watch 'The Persecution and Assassination of Jean-Paul Marat as Performed by the Inmates of the Asylum of Charenton Under the Direction of the Marquis de Sade' (didn't see THAT one comin', did ya?)

I also love country music, rock, and Spike Jones. I enjoy readin' Sherrilyn Kenyon's DARK HUNTER novels, Mickey Spillane, and HARRY POTTER. And I'm sorry--but if you can't laugh yourself silly over PORKY'S now and then--well, see your doc, 'cuz your blood pressure has GOT to be too high.

So--I ain't ignorant--hope I put that rumor to rest.

HOWEVER................

I AM a hick.

Oh yeah.

A BIG hick.

In fact, I will state that I am most likely the most 'hickiest hick' you will ever see.

I come from a long line of hicks--country people who have built lives for themselves and their families with hard work and faith. They believed in education, not just to learn how to get ahead, but also as a way to enrich their lives.

Now--I am not beratin' the person who called me an ignorant hick. I am simply makin' sure that they understand WHAT TYPE of hick I am.

So here is the bottom line--are ya ready?

I am a H.I.C.K.

HIGHLY INTELLIGENT COUNTRY KUTIE.

So--hope that clears things up for ya'll.

Now--onto my review.

Over on www.sweetefelicity.blogspot.com, you will find my friend Marqueta Graham's first E-book,"The Young Lady's Guide to Natural Health" A practical introduction to natural health for girls ages ten and up. Includes tips on maintaining physical, spiritual and mental health. Available as a 32 page eBook pdf file.

I was fortunate enough to win a copy of the book in a contest Marqueta held, and I must say that it is a wonderful introduction to health topics for young girls. It could be used as a basic foundation for teaching self care. It's simple, easy to understand, and yet doesn't take 'that tone' withh it's young readers (oh come on--any of you old enough to recall that goofy book from the KOTEX company know what I'm talkin' about.

It has a few recipes, not only for good foods, but also for toiletries that can be made easily and inexpensively at home. She includes several additional resources to check out.

So--there ya have it. I have hopefully educated ya'll on the type of hick I actually am, and I have given ya'll a recommendation for a lovely E-book that can enrich your lives.

My work here is done.

Well, I got chores. Later ya'll.
© 2011 by Evelyn Edgett








1 comment:

  1. Dear Evelyn,

    I love your clarification! We all need to know where we stand at times. :) And thank you so much for the book review; I'm so glad you liked it.

    Love,

    Marqueta

    ReplyDelete