Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Bug Is Fixed And Some More Photos Of Creation

I really have no idea what this plant is--I just think it is beautiful and wanted to share it with ya'll.

May 18, 2011

Picked Bug up from the vet this mornin'. After gettin' fixed, she was glad to get outta there! She is a bit sore around her tummy, but she was all over my son when they saw each other. It was almost too sweet.



Wild echinacea has been poppin' up all over the place--I've never seen so much of the stuff on the mountain and down near town. I'm gonna try to transplant some of it into pots for a friend in Texas. If ya'll have any suggestions, please let me know.



This is a small flowered bush that I found this week. There are tons of them.

Here's a closer look at the blossom. Aren't they wonderful? They are so delicately colored.



The poke sallet is gettin' really big! And no, I haven't had the chance to cook any yet, and that is makin' me nuts 'cause I love the stuff. I just watched a video on Youtube where Herbalist Susun Weed talked about using poke roots in a tincture to stimulate the immune system. She said that it can be used in the treatment of cancer. I recommend her videos--they are great.


I love these blue flowers that just started comin' up around my little grove area. There is Obie in the background!


I found this growin' under a cedar tree in the yard. It looks like it should put out a bloom of some type--I'll keep ya posted. The neatest thing about findin' this plant was that as I was photographin' it, I heard a squeaky chirpin' noise. I looked up to see a whole bunch of tiny yellow birds, like finches, just flitterin' away all over the cedar. I tried for a photo, but the trouble with takin' pictures of birds, deer, lizards, squirrels and rabbits is that by the time you realize they are there....they ain't!


Okay, just as I said that--I came across this photo of a little guy perched on the roof of our vet's office! I forgot I had been sittin' in the truck waitin' for the doc to open when I saw this bird and took a shot of him through the window.


Found these creamy lemon yellow beauties off the beaten path a while back.




This tree graces the lot across from our local library. I had to use my jean clad leg to keep the wind from whippin' the branches and blurrin' the photo!



Here are the blue berries on a cedar(or is it juniper?). A neighbor once told me that a tea made from these berries can be used to lower blood sugar and assist in weight loss. Not sure about that, I would have to do a lot of research before I tried it.

I hope ya'll enjoy my photos--I am really enjoyin' my new camera. In fact, I'm startin' to think about gettin' some watercolors and doin' some simple artwork. I haven't done that in years. Wonder if I'm still any good at it......?

Well, I got chores. Later ya'll.
© 2011 by Evelyn Edgett



1 comment:

  1. Dear Evelyn,

    Ooh, what a fun nature walk! I'm glad that Bug is feeling better. I think the tall flowers in the first picture are yucca, and the plant under your cedar/juniper looks like an iris to me. Let's see, and the short yellow ones look like evening primrose, and your poke is HUGE!

    I love Susun Weed's videos, too. Her books are on my wish list.

    Love,

    Marqueta

    ReplyDelete