Friday, April 8, 2011

Books & More, A Virtual Tour Of A Book Lover's Dream Store

April 8, 2011, 11:19 p.m.

Oh my, what a day! Rest, showers, long walk, reconnecting with an old friend, more rest, another shower, Then dinner out with my menfolk, and the (almost) best of all--I finally get the Bible I've been wantin' since I saw it at Christmas. It's THE EVERYDAY LIFE BIBLE, the AMPLIFIED VERSION. I am so lookin' forward to gettin' to spend time studyin' it.

Now--the reason I am doin' a second blog today it that the friend I reconnected with owns a wonderful used book store called BOOKS & MORE. I wanted to tell ya'll about it and her, just in case you ever get to Denton, Texas, and you need a good used book, DVD, Vinyl record or video game.

I met Debra Newton when she had her first book store--THE BOOKSHELF, on Dallas Drive. That was 17 years ago. We found that we had a lot of the same tastes in books, movies, etc. We even tried writin' a book or two together.

She moved on to University several years ago, and opened B & M. We lost touch after I moved to the mountains, but today I surprised her by walki' to her store. I forgot about my weight loss, and that she hadn't seen me in 5 years. When she recognized me, she was floored. It was great, we visited, laughed, and discussed sales strategies.I even helped her shelve books again. It was like I had  never been away.

I thought I would take you on a short virtual tour of her store.

When you drive down University, look for the University Center Sign, There you will see the sign for Debra's store. Turn in and look for...

...the store in the corner.


When you walk in, you will see Debra's smilin' face, surrounded by a wonderful selection of books. Debra is very knowledgeable about all genres of books, and if she doesn't know the answer--she will find it.


There are books everywhere--even down the halls!


 This is the romance novel room. Contemporary in the middle, historical around the walls.


Sherlock Holmes greets you as you enter the mystery section.

This is just a small look at the vinyl records she has to offer through THE RECORD HOUND. You can find more information by clickin' on the link at the right of my blog.






She even has great movie, band, and concert posters!



I hope that I have whetted your appetite so that you will want to visit her site and her store, if you are in the neighborhood.

Well, it's sleepytime. Later, ya'll

© 2011 by Evelyn Edgett

1 comment:

  1. Dear Evelyn,

    Wowsers! :) That's a LOT of books; how fun! I could get lost for a couple of days in a place like that.

    Thanks for sharing!

    Love,

    Marqueta

    ReplyDelete