Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I DID IT! I DID IT! I GOT PHOTOS TO UPLOAD! (Doin' the happy blogger dance)

Well, it's not much, but here are some photos I took with my new camera.

Here are some daffodils that are growin' wild in my yard. I keep hopin' that some naked ladies will come up this year, they are really pretty.


Here is some of the poke sallet I gather each spring through summer. I'll do a post on how I prepare it.



Isn't this pretty? It's me about 5 days after I slammed my head into that iron cross bar at rodeo practice. I look much better now, in fact my profile photo was only two days later than this, and unless you enlarge it, you can't tell I've got a bad case of 'funky face'. Thank heavens my nose shrank back to normal!


Here is my Beloved, practicing calf ropin' with his new lariat--I think he's improvin'!


He's a little tangled up here. Look at him, ladies, you can tell it's not his brains that interest me!


Here is my handsome son, Obie. He's pettin' Punky, keepin' her out of my hair while I learn how to take photos with digital. See the AB LOUNGER in the background? Someone threw it out at the apartments in town, and I now use it for a lounge chair outside. It's real comfy to sunbathe in! The Chair Obie's sittin' in is really heavy wood, handmade. I got it and another like it from a friend when I helped her with her movin' sale. The wood behind him is for the smoker we cook in durin' the summer. We love the smell of hickory wood, but wow it makes you huungry!


This is a much older photo, a friend took it a couple of years ago. I wanted ya'll to see the difference losin' 60 pounds can make! Well, that and a good haircut and color!

Okay, that's the end of our tour for today, folks! At least ya'll got a small look at my life here in the mountains. I'm so excited at the ideas I have for future posts. If ya'll have any ideas you would like to see me post about, please let me know.

Well, I got chores. Later, ya'll.
© 2011 by Evelyn Edgett


1 comment:

  1. Dear Evelyn,

    Hip, hip, hooray for Evelyn! I'm so happy to see your sweet face! And everyone else's, too, of course. :)

    Thanks especially for the poke photo; I'm excited for ours to pop up, and now I know exactly what to look for!

    I'm working on a nice, long letter for you, too (I loved your Jane Austen review, by the way). Till next time,

    Love,

    Marqueta

    ReplyDelete