Thursday, March 3, 2011

Cool Feedback, A Company Needs Help, and Homestead News

March 3, 2011

Well, I wasn't sure what I would post today, since I haven't finished a post about modest dressing from my point of view. I wanna be Biblically correct, and put forth what I feel are valid points about how I personally dress. So....it's takin' some time.

So here I am, in town to buy feed, with nuthin' to post--until I open my email and start reading blogs.

First--I felt like Sally Fields when she got the Oscar and said, "You like me! You really LIKE ME!". I had sent out my new blog address to some folks, and one of them was Angela Coffman, who has the GROCERY SHRINK blog. If you haven't discovered this blog yet--check her out (www.groceryshrink.com). Lots of good ideas about frugality.
Well, anyway, I got an email from her saying that she liked my poem that I posted yesterday. It means a lot when I get feedback on my work, and to have someone like Angela pat me on the back? Well, let's just say that the skunk stripe of gray roots that I haven't had the time to touch up on my head doesn't seem as traumatic as it did when I looked in the mirror this mornin'!
Then, I skipped over to the NIFTY THIFTY SISTERS blog (www.okiesisters.blogspot.com), and found that a 192 year old American company has gotten the boot from Wal-Mart, and is now struggling. I wanted to show my support for this company, so I decided I would post their web address, (http://www.jacobbromwell.com/)
and send out a plea for folks to shop the site for many wonderful and USEFUL things.

Let's NOT get me started on Wal-Mart. Suffice it to say that I still have to shop there when I have no other choice, but I work REALLY hard to have a choice. I have simplified my life enough that if I can't find what I need in the stores in Wilburton, Red Oak, or Talihina--I probably don't need it.

Okay--now I'm warmed up!

We had one of our 'muttskies' give birth Monday. A little black female, Dribby, had a litter of puppies under the cabin, and she is eager to show them off, but she has them so far up under the cabin, we can't see them, so we have no idea what they look like, or how many there are. Dribby stands there by the cabin, all excited and proud, wondering why we don't crawl under the cabin with her to see the pups. I figure in about 3 weeks, we'll see several confused new faces peek out from their 'den', and then we can move them to a better place. For now they are safe and warm where they are. I gotta admit, it's hard to have to wait to see them. BTW--anybody wanna puppy?

We'll be picking up another horse tomorrow. She's a yearling filly. A pretty little strawberry roan we have named--what else--Shortcake. She won't be staying with us. After she has all her vet paperwork finished, she will head down to Texas to Brian's dad. We know he will give her a good home, and Brian's niece will probably turn her into a barrel racer.

The horses are all starting to shed, along with the wolves, so we are gonna have a 'brushin' party' soon. Obie, Brian and I will get out all the curry combs and brushes, and just spend a day cleaning up coats, assessing needs for the summer, trimming hooves and clipping out any clumps from furry tails. Then comes flea dippin', wormin' paste--wow, do we live a wild life or what? Stand back, I'm a woman on the edge--I got a mane comb and I'm not afraid to use it!

Well, I got chores. Later ya’ll.
© 2011 by Evelyn Edgett

No comments:

Post a Comment