Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Turnin' 54 and conquerin' mountains

February 22, 2011

Brrrrr, it got chilly again! Only for a bit, but after a week of almost toasty temps, degrees in the 40s felt miserable.

Well, in a few days I will become 54 years of age.

AWESOME!!!!!

Yeah, I'm weird. I love each year that comes along. When I hit my 50s, I found an entirely new level of freedom and determination. I mean, I have always had drive, but now it's more focused. And to be part of a generation that is redefining 'retirement'; from being a time to sit back and do nothing till you die to being a time of growth and discovery--I wouldn't miss this for the world. And I read a few years back that 60 is the new 30.

Besides, nowhere in the Bible does it say ANYWHERE that folks retired from life. Come on, after the conquest of Canaan, in Joshua 14:12-14, Caleb, at the age of 85 asked to be given a mountain to conquer! And he GOT it!

Are you lookin' forward to kickin' back and retiring? Or are you lookin' around for a mountain to conquer for God? Me, I got my eyes on my very own Everest.

Well, I got chores. Later ya'll.
© 2011 by Evelyn Edgett

No comments:

Post a Comment