Monday, January 24, 2011

New Year, New Blog

This is my second blog. Up until a few weeks ago, I had one entitled Bandy's Journey; From Abuse To Trust. It was about my rescue horse, Bandy, and how he was doing since I adopted and began working with him to help him to recover from a past of abuse. I enjoyed doing the blog, and I got a lot of positive response from it. Unfortunately, I didn't realize how limited in scope the subject matter was. Seriously, how many times can you post that you worked with the animal and he did well?

So, after much thought and prayer, I decided to let that blog end. I was hesitant at first, because I didn't want to feel like a failure at blogging. But I have read on many other people's sites that they also had tried several different ideas for blogs, and that many successful blogs like THE SIMPLE DOLLAR came about from their creators having the smarts and courage to move on to a better idea when the first one proved to be unproductive.

And so, dear bleader, I present my second attempt at blogging. I decided to base it upon my lifestyle as a homesteading wife and mom here in the mountains of Southeastern Oklahoma, my observations of life based on my Christian faith, and my practice of Thriftology. Thriftology is what I call a faith based science of frugality. By basing it upon these subjects, I have created a blog that is much broader in scope, and that will give me more creative freedom.

I will continue to post about Bandy, also, for those folks who followed my former blog. I have had several queries about how my little one eyed pony is doing, and I promise he still has several tales to tell.

My postings will be about once a week, since I don't have internet on the mountain, and I only come into town once or twice a week. I am considering writing an entry each day, then putting them all in one week's post. We'll just have to see how it goes.

One thing that I will keep from my first blog is my sign off, since it is still true:

Well, I got chores. Later, Ya'll.
© 2011 by Evelyn Edgett

4 comments:

  1. Thank you, Evelyn, for visiting my new blog. You and I seem to have a lot in common. I can't wait to read more of your posts. Blessings to you!

    Penne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw your comment on Lady Lydia's blog...your life sounds facinating...we have two horses here at our home in PA.

    Just wanted to say Hi and invite you to visit my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Evelyn, Found your blog tonight after Penne and I 'discovered' each other's blogs recently, and I must say, I feel like I've just found an old friend that I'd lost touch with. I too am starting a second blog, but the first one that I'm doing for public consumption. The first one was just for my two granddaughters (that live far away from me). My sister and I have just recently started a blog called Thrifty Nifty Sisters and the address is 'get this'....
    okiesisters.blogspot.com. We were raised and lived in Northeast Oklahoma until just a few years ago. We lived on farms and our parents struggled and worked hard to provide for us 4 kids. We didn't have indoor plumbing until I was 15 years old and my sister (3 years older) was married by then. That's why I LOVE the title of your blog!! Our dad only had a 3rd grade education, but was a 'natural born mechanic', so that's how he supported us. He taught himself to read when he was approx. 37 years old after he became a Christian (at an outdoor 'Brush Arbor Revival'). After that, every night, he sat with my Mom and one or more of us kids and learned every word in the Bible! Out Dad is gone now, but I was always so proud of him...and like you, he always gave the 'Glory' to God for ALL his blessings. I really needed your's (and Penne's) words and spirit and am very anxious to hear more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow--I'll have to check out your blog--you sound like you know a lot about my life. I was raised by my grandparents in Bokchito, OK, and we didn't have indoor plumbing till I was about 5. Till then, there was an old outhuse for the adults, and I had a chamber pot in the house.

    Glad something I said helped someone. I wonder sometimes if I'm just balthering on(and I know I do a lot of times.)
    to myself.

    ReplyDelete