Friday, January 28, 2011

A little disclaimer, and some hope for my blog.

Jan 28, 2011

I'm back in town today. Gotta run to the meat processing plant to get all the scraps and bones they have been saving for the animal rescue our family works with. I don't mind picking the stuff up, because my wolves and dogs get treats too. Trust me; you toss a cow's leg to a wolf--that critter SMILES!

Well, I need to get a fact up front right off before I go any further in my little corner of the internet. I have NO WISDOM to dispense to anybody. I don't preach to anyone but myself when I write along spiritual lines. If anything I write inspires you to be a better Christian, wife, mom, or pinto bean grower--you can give the glory straight to God. I once heard it put that when folks tell you that you did something good, you should treat it like a beautiful bouquet of flowers. Simply say thank you, then turn and give the bouquet, or glory, to God.

I am a story teller, opinion stater, and I will never tell you how to do anything other than a craft I have figured out. However, I will tell you what God is doing in my life, and how I apply scriptural principals in my own circumstances. If you get anything out of it--even a chuckle--great.

That said, I wanted to tell you about some of the things I have planned for my blog. I also wanted to let you know that I will probably need help from time to time figuring out how to do some things--even if I have the book BLOGGING FOR DUMMIES from the library! So if I post a HELP!--please chime in with advice.

Brian, my beloved husband (aka the Redneck) has said that when we get the income tax back this year, we will buy a digital camera. Yippee! I used to do photography, and I have missed it. I want to be able to post photos of crafts that I do, some of which are quite frugal. I also want to share scenes from the mountains where we live.

If you read my profile, you saw that I practice what I call Thriftology. It's a faith based science of frugality. I am hoping to post photos of frugal finds and activities that we do to save money, along with posts about WHY we do them.

And if I EVER figure out how to edit the footage from my little digital video recorder, I want to put up a little web cast that I call CHEAP LIFE SKILLZ.

Whew! I sound pretty ambitious, even to myself. I guess I better close and get busy.

Well, I got chores. Later ya’ll.
© 2011 by Evelyn Edgett

No comments:

Post a Comment