Thursday, January 27, 2011

Grateful for follower and other blessings

Jan 27, 2011

Well, I had to come into town this morning, and when I logged into my blog, I found that I have a follower already! It may sound silly to many of you, but I was practically giddy. Look, I'm weird--I get excited over a new long handled bath brush from the DOLLARTREE. I do handsprings over getting to go to RECYCLED BOOKS AND RECORDS when we visit down in Denton, Texas. I may not buy anything, but I just love to troll through the shelves of used books, records and movies. My heart leaps when I am out walking the mountain roads and my son and I stop to look at a praying mantis on the gravel, and he looks back, or I spot two cougar cubs running across the road up ahead, slipping into the brush. I just get thankful for the strangest things.

1 Timothy 6:6-8 says "Now Godliness with contentment is great gain, for we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain that we can carry nothing out and having food and clothing, with these things we shall be content."

If you have food in your home, and clothes on your back--just consider everything else in your life as gravy.

I'm actually preaching to myself today. I've had a hard time being truly grateful lately. I know it's just due to the cold weather and an insane schedule that is keeping me from doing all that I need and want to do. I need to have some time on my knees with my Heavenly Father and tell Him just how thankful I am for all the blessings, big, small and STRANGE that He sends my way. I need to tell Him I am sorry for the lack of gratitude for these things. I need to let my husband know how grateful I am that he gets up and goes to work each day at a job he is really not too wild about, just so he can provide for our family. I need to thank him for seeing to it that we get to go to church, even on days when there isn't a lot of money for gas to get down the mountain. I need to thank my son for his help in feeding our animals, and his other helping around the homestead. I need to thank our pastor for his service to God and our church. There are a lot of people in my life who need to be thanked for their service to myself and our community. I bet you have folks you need to thank, too.

I want to thank my first follower, The Rose Scented Home, for having the belief that I may actually have something to say that is worth reading. I wish I had a prize for her. There really should be prizes for first followers of blogs, don't ya think?

Well, I got chores. Later, ya'll.
© 2011 by Evelyn Edgett

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy to be your first follower. I know what you mean by having that first one. That's exactly how I felt!
    I can't wait to read more of your post. Cougars, eh? They say we have them around here too. I live right beside a huge ridge or mountain in my opinion, lol.

    I'm always thankful for God's mercies. I'm thankful to my wonderful husband, three beautiful children and other family members.

    Looking forward to more post.

    ReplyDelete